Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash Spiked Apple Cider

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by debateUhigh, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Found this recipe on

http://kushits.wordpress.com/

"2 qts. apple cider
    1/2 c. orange juice
    1/4 c. lemon juice
    2 tbsp. sugar
    2 tsp. whole cloves
    3 cinnamon sticks
    1 tsp. nutmeg
    2 oranges, sliced
    2 lemons, sliced
    Optional: 1 c. Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum

dissolve 1 gram hash into captain morgan over medium-low heat then,
    Mix all ingredients and bring just to a boil. Simmer about 10 minutes. Strain and serve. May be garnished with fresh orange or lemon slice, or a cinnamon stick in each mug"

I made this last night and thought it worked pretty well. I doubled the hash content since mine wasn't quite the same grade as the authors. It took about an hour and a half to do work on me and I really enjoyed it. Wondering if anyone else has experience using hash in alcohol and if there are better ways to maximize THC absorption.

2. Well I make green dragon and I think I make it pretty damn effectivly the method I use is to bake grinded weed in the oven (forgot what temp), then dump that in a mason jar with everclear, theeeeen put the jar about half way submerged in a boilng pot of water and let it boil for a good while. Low boil, barely bubbling

3. If I used hash you think I could skip the baking part?

4. I wish I could say :confused:
    The idea of putting it into the oven is to activate the THC

However, I would feel like I was wasting the hash if I put it on foil in the oven, I don't know if that would vaporize it since it's already oil

5. #5 kushguy101, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    im the guy who wrote that recipe im kushits! ignore my kushguy101 name....
    to be safe take your wax or goo and put in small glass container and heat at the lowest temp like 125 150 in oven. although decarboxolation takes place at 225 i usually go to 175 at most with hash and it seems fine... the potency is through the roof with no taste, well almost no taste. Way more palatable then cannabutter.
    a huge industry secret is "soy lecithin" use that in recipes and you absorb more thc faster
    kushguy101

aka kushits

Kushits.com Photo and Review's photo and reviews from socal.

Attached Files:

6. this is on my x-mas wishlist to santa.

7. It's good to see that you have an interest in edible cannabis! It can be a much more efficient means of medicating, than smoking. The best dragons however take several weeks of 'sitting' to continue promoting bioavailability... even when initially heated, and when using a much higher proof liquor!

You would achieve a much stronger, much more reliable effect by processing the same way you would, when creating a quality green or golden dragon, because even when cannabis glandular material appears tacky or gooey, even after it has seemingly been dissolved (to the naked eye) with a little heat, it is not yet bioavailable. Not to mention the activation required, which cannot occur with so much water present.

For instance, if you smoke about half a gram of herb in one sitting, then your dose in hash-form should be at least as little as one third that weight, but probably even less if your hash is of decent quality. Meaning, one gram of hash, should get at least 8 - 10 people of average tolerance sky-high, when consumed. :)

This is why correct processing is crucial, edible cannabis can be much more powerful than the same amount when smoked... but only with proper processing.

Besides processing the hash or cannabis better or correctly, this is a nice recipe. :)

8. Thanks for post! I've been vending for about 8 years with edibles and hash. I'm confused though how is green dragon any stronger than a bho that's been tested at 78% thc and 1.03% cbd and totally free of contaminants and impurities tested by our lab.waiting 3 weeks for green dragon is essentially the same process as a 5 minute extraction of bho but, with green dragon it has different polarity or something and you pull out a lot more plant mater, terpenes and impurities easier which in my personal opinion leads to that gnarly taste that offends chemo patients and those unable to smoke. but yeah i always decarboxolate if i'm making an edible that wont be baked, i feel safer for sure. but yeah a $20 half gram of 78% pure thc platinum og wax is 5 or more super strong and tasteless (of weed) edibles.

9. I baked it in the oven, and boiled it in everclear and I was definatly blazed but do you think letting it sit would have extracted more thc? Is there another method I should use that is more efficiant than green dragon?

10. It's not just removal/separation (from inert plant matter) or extraction, when it comes to making edibles, it's also about promoting bioavailability. :)

Just as eating bho or a similar concentrate on its own, without processing in an oil, glycerin or alcohol first, would be a huge waste of your potency, drinking green dragon (made with bho) before it's ready would also be a waste of potency, just to a lesser degree where the alcohol will be consumed, in tandem. :) Eating bho, as-is, can be more effective than eating the same quantity of cannabinoid/potency in dry-sift form, where the break down has already begun and those cannabinoids will be more able to hitch a ride on any lipids or alcohol, already in the stomach. But there is still more work to be done, in order to promote the highest levels of absorption possible. I specialize in edible production for patients suffering from digestive disorders or difficulty, for those patients who have trouble absorbing everything from nutrition in food, to pharmaceutical medications, to of course edible cannabis. The processing methods used in many dispensaries, unfortunately fall very short, for some of their most in-need patients.

Our edible solvents (versus those solvents used when making concentrates) serve two very important purposes; first they break down our glandular material into a more bioavailable form (which bho on its own, is not), but just as important, they also effect cellular permeability, allowing for that glandular material to pass through.

Cannabis glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to absorb, even when it appears sticky and gooey. Without having been made into a solution (where the glandular material is the solute, and your alcohol or oil is the solvent, the resulting mixture once broken down to its fullest capacity, becomes a solution), the body passes much of your potency 'in one end, and out the other'.

This is an excerpt from a thread on eating 'raw', and under-processed hash.

This is why a patient can eat a gram of bho without 'greening out', but a gram of simple flowers containing much less material, processed properly in oil or alcohol, may be much too powerful. It's all in the activation and, just as crucial, promoting absorption. :)

Hope this helps!