Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

hash question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by rm_high_co, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. can hash be made from regular cured buds or does it have to be made from trimmings?

2. I'm guessing that my question is intensely debated? I was getting the feeling there was no clear cut answer

3. Hash is simple stripping away thc from the plant matter and then condensed using a physical process I.e. Compressing the build up from scissors during trimming. Sifting using screens/grinders, using bags with screens.

Doesn't matter if it's from trim or bud. Taking kief from a grinder and compressing it turns it to hash.

Depending on method used determines quality (how much plant matter is left in end product)

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5 Chillpup, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    Lot's of people sift hash off the bud. Heck, I'd think nearly all the bud in Morocco is turned into hash for easy transport.
    It's just that in the USA, quality bud would rather be sold as is, rather than turning it to hash, so the trimmings is where a lot of the concentrates come from. Although reading about dabbing and shatter/wax/BHO, you'd think every stoner in America is using concentrates, but actually the majority of users are not daily tokers and are quite content just to smoke some good bud, especially since THC content routinely exceeds 20% in bud.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hash takes the leaf out of the equation to collect and compress the THC crystals. That's why concentrates are never green. So if you start with less green it may be easier to concentrate your hash.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I get hash from my dispensary because it's cheap. They save the kief from processing and sell it. Sometimes it is one strain but usually it's a mix.

For me ruining good bud is a waste but reclaiming the kief from shitty weed can be real decent. The entire idea of making hash from trim and sweet leaf from the buds is getting the most from your plants. I do just that because I loves the hash. When you get a couple grams of great hash from stuff that went in the trash before you really understand why people do it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Alcohol extracted concentrates are often a pale shade of green. Especially 2nd and 3rd rinses.
    Personally, I prefer sifted kief hash over shatter/wax/bho. They say connoisseurs prefer that over extracted THC concentrates.
    -I suppose it just depends on who's making the argument.

Oddly enough rosin sort of straddles the space between sifted and chemical extraction. The main problem with Rosin is that it just has a much lower rate of return compared to just about any other way to extract crystals off a cannabis plant. But on the other hand, it's free of both chemicals and extraneous plant matter.

8. I was trying to keep chemical extracts out as I assume op was referring to simple hash rather than Bho and the like.

Also it seems that rosin is getting as good/similar results as bho and other chemically stripped hashes

9. Thanks for the helpful replies!! I figured it wouldn't be a problem, but figured I'd learn from all of your experience than to learn the hard way on my own.

10. Yes and no. From both, bud will provide you more than trimmings in nearly all cases.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1