hash plant leafs twisting

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mr.anonymous, Oct 31, 2009.

1. hello new to the forum and to growing. my hash plants leafs are twisting, and have some yellowing going on. i just got them 4 days ago and there looking the same as when they came. i just watered them at time of pic im using t5's all blue on this side water is at 7.0 ph
    any help would be much appreciated

thanks
    mr.a

Attached Files:

2. hi there, they look like they have a nutrirant def, get your self some nutes with a nice high nitrogen level, if that dont work try moving the lights a little away as this can cause leaf twist due to heat, or another thing is wind burn. have you got ur fans directly blowing at them as cold air will dry the leaf out and mek it twist away...

3. thanks man i'll try try that out ive only been giving them water for the last four days
    so maybe they need some nutes

4. pH lockout!!!!

Raise pH feed water & nuts to 6.5-6.8. test run off and keep testing run off until run off is stable at 6.5. Allow soil to dry out a bit then feed 3/4 streght feed. Should bounce back in 4 or 5 days. Your issue is because your soil pH is acidic.

5. p.h7 is not acidic it is nutral duhhh neither an acid or alcaline, but he is right bring it down a little.. give them a flush and try again also nutes give the soil a litte acidity so try that.. good luck

6. #6 janemba, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
    lol oh i didnt read that... but twisting retardation of leaves is a telll tale sign of ph issues

7. yeah i agree it could be but there is many of diffrent things that cause it,, i have 3 1.5 week old plants that have a slight twist and kink in the bottom leaves, but i know p.h isnt the cause its heat or wind burn theres so many problems it could be, best thing to do is flush the soil with right p.h water then give them sum nutes make shore there neither hot or cold. and it should sort its self out..

8. Is it a Cali Has Plant? Cause I have that plant growing too. I thought mine was twisting but I think its just something indictative of the strain, idk, as I am newB too.

9. It looks like an anomaly that occurs when taking a clone from a flowering plant. When they begin to re-veg, they shoot out single, odd shaped leaves. Sometimes it can take as long as three weeks to revert to full veg.

I would check to make sure the RUNOFF water is 6.3-6.8 pH. Some soils buffer water, so 7.0 could be showing runoff numbers that are good.

I've grown Hash Plant before, and it is a fast finisher. It's not uncommon (in my experience) to see the oddball leaves at the bottom couple of nodes.

10. thanks everybody for the advise i think im going to flush them and start over with the nutes i had this plant for 6 days now and it really dont look like its growing in eather direction ill post some more pics in a little bit is there a good way to bring down the ph of the water i just use it from my dehumidifier and it comes out at 7.0 ph all the time

thanks in advance
    mr. a

11. you can buy the bottled water just look at the back of the bottle and it should say p.h @ source get one thats 6.5-6.8 and it should work a treat... get sum more pics up...

12. i wanna start by thanking sticky for the help and seems genuinely interested to help a true bog of your day
    back to the plants i tested the water again its still at 7.0 to 7.2 and the run off is like 6.6 to 6.8 as far as p.h. goes i think one of my probs. is temp the room is always at about 78 but i put a thermometer under the lights at the base of the plants and it reads at about 87 +or- a few degrees since then ive put a fan on them and run it almost all day but still cant get it down below 80 (just started fan today) so here are some pics and ill ad some more tomarrow when i check the temp and messure them for the first time i need this hash plant to be my mom so any tips tricks or advice is much appreciated i think im going to try like a teaspoon of h2o2 tomarrow and see what happens

btw 2day is day 6 that there in my hands ill tryand get some pics up from 2dat but if not deff 2marrow

13. #13 janemba, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
    tricky one aint it... how many and what size is the t5? have u changed the light cycle? done anything to stress them? what are/were they fed with? if u got them 6 days ago, and they were like that find our what the previous grower did with them.
    it could be stress doing this. or if there seedlings and not clones it could be fucked up genetics, like if they breed brother and sister 1 or more times.
    i hope that helps

14. U might want to get 2 fans then. Pull air from AC or something to get them cooler.

15. pics from today

Attached Files:

16. the lights are 6 bulb 4ft fixture i think each bulb is like 54 watts or something like made by plantmax blue for veg and i got another one with red lights for flowering

i havent changed the light cycle its on a timer so they change cycles at the same time every day 20 on 4 off ive been giveing them water i gave them 1/4 nutes once witch was just fish oil,age old organics and as little superthrive i just watered today with just water right after pics were taken

i think im going to try some computer fans in my vent

17. #17 janemba, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
    oohhh... they were flowered (probably for only a week) and reverted back to veg. u can see calxy's and those strait leaves with no leaf margens (jagged edges) and small cluster of shoots at the nodes. so when it was reverted back into veg the hormones were out of wack causing the leaves to twist... i know this because i reveged a WW clone and the same thing happend... u can prune and that will cause new branches to grow the only cure is time...
    good luck

18. wow i never knew they were flowered could it be from when they were transported ? thats probably why they didnt look like they were growing the first couple of days today is one week since ive had them there starting to look better but some of the leafs are a nice green on the inside but at the edges there like a yellow color i tryed to get some pics of this

Attached Files:

• 046.JPG
      046.JPG
      File size:
      159.8 KB
      Views:
    • 047.JPG
      047.JPG
      File size:
      155.6 KB
      Views:
    • 048.JPG
      048.JPG
      File size:
      153.7 KB
      Views:
    • 049.JPG
      049.JPG
      File size:
      164.4 KB
      Views:
    • 050.JPG
      050.JPG
      File size:
      168.8 KB
      Views:
    • 051.JPG
      051.JPG
      File size:
      152.3 KB
      Views:
    • 064.JPG
      064.JPG
      File size:
      163.1 KB
      Views:
  19. #19 janemba, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
    yeah some one just changed the photo period, then threw them back to veg, that can happen on accident, like if u take them from inside (on a 24h or 18/6 light cycle) and put them out side, the shorter day out side will cause them to flower.
    how ofteen are u watering? they look a little over watered, the yellowing lips and leaf edges is the start oh a dificiency, there just hungry if ur not feeding start, pick up a good n-p-k formula for soil and come cal-mag (calcium and magnesium) and work out a feeding schedule for them, HP's are a true indica, and they get hungry (the big fat leaves)
    good luck man i hope this helps