hash "oil" using ISO acohol and vaped grass?? help appreciated

Discussion in 'General' started by sugarshane92, Sep 3, 2011.

1. I recently heard you can make some sort of hash oil or something similiar using 180 proof acoholo IE isopryl 90%, just curious on how effective and the quantity required.

first poster so treat me nice HA

2. Making hash with vaped grass isn't really a great idea. You're going to need about an ounce to get a gram of bad stuff. It also depends on how much you vaped it. Just roll it into joints.

3. well i have 18g's of it and originally only vaped 1 time per session then emptied it out, I did that until it reached about a 1/2 oz then learned I could roast more than 1 bag even though mines pretty big.

but what would you consider this "bad stuff" I would never consider smoking the leftovers I'd cook w them before I did that but I heard this method was more effective

Thanks for the reply

4. My memory is a little foggy but I think the recommended percent for the iso is 70%, don't quote me on that! ha

5. #5 Journeyman, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Just quoted you HAH. But yeah the higher the percentage of alcohol the more chlorophyll and other unwanted chemicals will be extracted as well. I use 91% though and only expose the weed to it for 30 seconds shaking, 30 seconds sitting, then strain

Edit: reverse that order I mean, sit, then shake

6. #6 RaZoR!, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
    Hey man, this my first on here. I'm on other various "green" websites. I do qwiso from vaped remains all the time. There two efficient methods, it really depends if you want a variety of potencies , or if you just one whole product. Take Any grade Isopropyl Alcohol , the higher % the better , to avoid water soluble contaminants. MAKE SURE ITS NOT DENATURED OR THE GREEN ISO MIXED WITH SOME MINTY COOL CREME TO MAKES CUTS FEEL NUMB. You either at this point, mix your popcorn nugs(try to stay away from shake unless thats all you have) And pour over a suspended coffee filter(s) Catching the plant matter and letting the alcohol drip,( this is the one piece method) Soon as it finishes dripping, throw away the coffee filter, take a cooking pot and heat it really high , and boil water. Take a cookie dish or a flat pyrex dish and let that sit on top of the pot catching the steam at the bottom. That hot water will heat the plate and evaporate any alcohol, you will see it bubble if your using hot enough water. Let that evaporate, heat your oven to 225-240 , scrape your plate while its still on the boiling pot( grab a mitt its hot) a razor blade is recommended, Once you get your products on your scraping device, place it in the freezer for 5 mins so its easy to mold, make it flat as possible( like pressing down on a sandwich) then place it on the same dish, ( if you used pyrex I'd advise switching to a metal cookie dish at this point) Place your oil in the middle of the dish. Place the dish in the oven for 15-20 minutes. If you smell a burning earrrllll smell then take it out, ovens can be inaccurate so use a lower temp if your oven is a little over active. Rescrape, you make notice that the oil has little tiny holes, because the alcohol evaporated vigorously creating a pure product. The other method is only one step more,but will give your more potent first batch. Instead of shaking the buds with the oil, you pour them straight on the coffee filter, squeeze then take another dish and pour more on, repeat. Btw if you shake with ABV make sure limit it to 10 seconds. Its already beaten up and grainy. More coffee filters the better. I'd limit the amount of each run to a 1/4 oz at a time, because you don't want it to splash. Safety first, have a good one!

EDIT: the higher temp you vape, the less potent your product will be, qwiso from abv is great on low efficiency vaporizers.

7. ^^^^ thanks alot, answered everything. Didn't know it was such a process ha