Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash Oil Resin Question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by The70th, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Ok, so.

I bought this hash bong the other day. It's like a regular water bong, but there is no down-stem. Instead, I keep it completely dry (until I can buy a proper down-stem). It came with a glass nail head, and a detachable bulb with a hole in the top through which I can put the oil to the previously-headed nail head.

So, I've been smoking with this piece for about a week, and already I'm getting an amber coating on the inside of the mouth hole, as well as around the inside of the bulb.

The THC content of this oil is well above 50%, and so I know that this amber resin is probably super dank, and well worth harvesting.

But that's my question: how is the best way to get this dank-ass amber-orange hash-oil resin out of my bong, when the time comes? I know I can scrape it, but I'd rather strip it all out at once, so I'm wondering if 99% iso will take it off, and then evaporate out, leaving me with killer res?

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. idk man ive never heard of anyone iso washing resin for smokable product, the only reason you iso wash your trim is to break the heads of the triches off and letting them (and hopefully only them) be filtered through a screen to then let dry... i hate the smell of the bag after i shake my pieces, i couldnt imagine wanting to get baked bad enough to endure that taste

3. Hes not talking about smoking resin from buds hes talking about resin or "claim" that builds up from smoking oils. Steephill labs tested some claim a while back and they said it had just as much cannabinoids as the oil itself. Its not going to taste as good, but its still gonna get you high. Probably still higher than smoking just flower.

Also, the ISO way will work fine. You're just gonna have to shake really good because you don't want to use salt if you're going to evaporate it. Use as high alcohol percentage you can find.

4. YES! YES YES i just did this, it works great, does depend on your rig but, i was sitting there smoking (bought the thing a month ago never changed the water, so i saw this little clump of what looked like oil in the water so i tried dumping out the water didnt work, so!......what you gott do is empty the water, leave a little splash it around so walls are wet then dump it, then use your torch to slightly heat the glass and the "claim" will slide down, so i collected it all to one spot then turned it up side down (mouth peice straight down to wax paper or whatever) and just slightly heat the glass it will all slide out...

thought it would be shit glad to see @[member="lemonade AK47"] said it would be good, and it was

@[member="The70th"] please let me know how it works for you it worked great for me i just got atleat a 1/2 g 

5. Easier way to do it is put the piece in a big pot with water, have the piece sitting on something to raise it up so there is no direct contact of the glass on pan. Fill the water level above the piece ans bring it to a low slow boil. The oil will slowly rise to the top of the water. To get it from there you can get a cold metal rod and drag it through the water and the oil will stick to it, or if you have a silicone bowl just dump all the water into that and the oil will instantly stick to the bowl, then dump out the water. Oil doesn't actually stick to silicone so its then easy to remove with a scraper.

If you don't have a large pot, what I do is fill my piece with as much water as you can then put tour torch to it, evenly hitting the piece up until the oil comes of the walls, from there dump the oil into a silicone dish and proceed the way I described above. It's totally fine to smoke and gets your pretty ripped, so long as you haven't put any weed through the piece.

6. Don't use any ISO or anything, you'll never fully get it all out of the oil unless you have proper vaccing equipment

7. And its called reclaim not claim, as in your reclaiming what you lost to the piece