Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash Oil need instructions (detailed instructions)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Chroniq, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ok guys wassup. im looking to make hash oil i know the basic concept with diluding the bud with alcohol but ive been looking around and ive found out the oil quality depends on the alcohol.
    ive looked through all the ways to make it with Everclear and isoporyl and butane and as far as i can see isoporyl leaves you with gross looking black gunk. and im looking for someone who can tell me detailed instructions on how to make, process and try the hash oil from either the butane lighter fluid method or the grain alcohol method.
    or if there is a better method i did not state please list
    thanks guys. peace, love and pot :smoking:

2. Get your hands on some 99% isopropanol and you do not have to have gross black gunk. I have made oil this way that was as clear and beautiful as any.

You want to be using a glass bowl, corelware is perfect. It handles heat well, and more importantly it holds the heat longer and more evenly than metal.

First. Grind up whatever amount of bud you want to use, but small batches work best with this technique. I'll typically use a couple grams tops, since it never lasts out the day anyway. Put the bud into a cup or something and pour in some iso, you want to cover the weed and then some. It's better to use a little more than a little less. A half liter bottle should get you 5-6 rinses.

Swirl it around a bit, but only leave it in there for 10 seconds or so. Pour it through a coffee filterand collect what drips out. Give it a little time and don't stir it around to speed it up, you'll just force sediment through the filter and make your oil grimy. Now that it's all filtered, pour it into your oil cooking bowl (the corel cereal bowl we talked about...yeah!) but don't throw out that filter/rinsed weed. Just stash it somewhere once it dries and you can re-rinse it later for some leftovers if your dry and hurtin'.

Now, there are two main choices in how you cook it. Electric stove or gas stove. If you have a gas stove like me, you have to be brave(read:stupid). Electric is much better. In fact, nevermind. If you have a gas stove you gotta do it somewhere else. I've had a few accidental 5 foot fireballs in my kitchen, and burned the hair off my arms a half dozen times. Like I said, stupid. Anyway...

Turn your heat down real low. The hottest you want it to get is just barely bubbling. You want to keep the bowl just barely moving but don't swirl it everywhere or you'll have oil all up the side of your bowl. That's a pain in the ass. If you see some white mist forming in the bowl, lift it off the heat and gently blow it away. This may be a good time to mention that you should be in a heavily heavily ventialted area to do this. At the very least you should run your overhead fan (only if it vents outside).

Also, obviously, no smoking and/or open flames/sparks while doing this. Ever.

That mist I mentioned is highly explosive. This is where the gas stove gets dangerous ;)

The reason it's important to use a bowl that holds heat well is that once the oil looks almost iso free, just barely still a liquid, you want to remove it from the heat (this is a good time to put a butterknife down and crank that fucker up, btw) and blow on it to evaporate the last traces of alcohol. If you're not sure, give it a couple more seconds heat and blow some more. Let it sit on the counter while your knife heats up.

Now for teh sm0kinG!!1
    This is just how I do it, but anything that makes sense (sober) will work just as well. It's a pretty simple concept. Anyhow, you will need an Exacto knife, a straight razor (the super thin shaving ones, not a utility knife) and a pin with some kind of handle. I use a sewing needle shoved into a fat chunk of stem.

What you're going to do is break off a section of blade approx 3/4 of an inch wide, only one sided. Put this in place of the exacto blade so that it looks like this. ====I

The equals signs are the handle ;)

Use this to scrape up some oil, just a pass or two across the bowl. Take your pin and scrape your hit onto the end of it. Take your hooter if you use one, mines just a hollow pen, and put it in your mouth. Take your hot knife in one hand and your loaded pin in the other (careful with it, big hits can fall onto the floor. Bad news.) and touch them. Inhale smoke. A tip if you've never done knives is to start inhaling just before you touch them or else you'll miss that first puff every damn time.

Oil hits can be pretty intense, I've seen many tokers far more seasoned than myself go down spewing like a bulimic model after one hoot. They overestimated what they could take. I laughed. :D

It can take a little practice, but it's way worth it. A lot of people I know buy a little vial of oil for like $50 once in a while for a treat. I make it whenever I feel like it. It's a great way to get a good clean high off of shitty weed/resin too.