HASH OIL: How Much To Use?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ITNinja, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Dissolve it into butter? Then what? How long do you heat it for, what temperature, and what source of heat (stove top, oven, double broiler)?

2. #22 stupidstuff, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    Its already decarbed. Why heat the butter and oil other than to soffen it to mix it into your ingredients? The BHO honey i make is decarbed right out of the purge chamber. Are you trying to get CBNs?

Am I not understanding something here? Hash "OIL" is either decarbed or full of solvent if it is an oil consistency at room temp.

3. It is only active, not bio available. The purpose of heating oil source with buds/bho is to make the oil bio available to the body, so it can be processed in the stomach, then through the bloodstream, and to the liver.

Activation is an important step, but the way you process the oil into your edible solvent is just as important for maximizing the effects and making much smaller amounts much more potent.

THC will convert to cbn in oil, but occurs much slower than the conversion of thc-a to thc through decarb outside of the edible solvent. At the right temperature, the hash oil will convert some thc to cbn very slowly.

If one wanted a more narcotic, stoney, couch lock effect for their edible(effects of cbn) , they would process the oil even longer than recommended to make the oil bio available (which is normally like 2 hrs at 220f),maybe by a few extra hours depending how much you want to convert.

A more cerebral high (effects of thc) would be achieved by heating the oil long enough to make it bio available but not too long to convert too much to cbn.

Tl;dr: heating your oil is an important step you're missing out on.

4. #24 stupidstuff, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    Now I see, thanks for the easy to understand explanation:)

This explains why my health stone reclaim puts me down even more than the regular BHO when I bake with it. More CBNs.

5. Precisely, same with resin, but the lower thc in bud than oil means it's not as potent an "oil" as reclaim is, but still has that stoney effects.

Check out badkatsmilies sticky in the edibles section. You can learn this information there, plus learn how to process your oil to get the very most our of your edibles (the first recipe is golden, just replace her dry sift hash with your bho, same process but you'll need more time to cook to melt the bho into the oil properly).

6. I link to badkitty's thread in my BHO thread but your explanation is what made it all click. Thanks again:smoking:

7. No problem, glad to help.

8. To answer your question. You can pit as much oil in the cookies as you want but its not going to have an effect. A Gram is good for one stick of butter. Im assuming that you cookie mix uses two stick so you do the math. If you cookie mix doesn't require butter you have the wrong kind. Sorry but you cant make a recipe with out mixing the ingredients right. You really want to make butter out of the oil first or it's just going to be a waste. The the cannabinoids are going to burn up. I think that is why you are having trouble finding an answer to your question. Because technically you would add hash to cookies but add the butter. (Budder)

9. The most popular edibles in Colorado, cheebah chews are made with the recipe I provided. There's no need to put in to butter or oil if it has been purged with heat while vacuum purging.

10. I highly doubt they don't process their bho into oil first.

11. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

I highly doubt they don't process their bho into oil first.[/quote]

Agreed.