Hash oil experts i need help!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Purplepackz, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Hello today I was going to make some hash oil using the "evaporated alcohol" method as I call it.
    Really I would just like to know if I can use my fresh trimming w/ this method, I cut off all leaves with THC and they're safely in a brown paper bag now. Must they be dry? I wanna make it now!

2. yes you can use your trim but i would recommend using it when its dry. also trim might not produce as much oil product as say the buds alone. but if you have patients my friend and wait a few days to dry you will end up wiht more and a better product. remember when making any hash, most of the mater in the product is the tricomes. and any tricome is going to be better and more potent when dried and cured. good luck, MACK

3. Ok great then this should be good practice because its not my trimmings and its my first time trying this. So ill see what happens. And will 30-45 minutes mixing in the jar be ok? Do I need longer?

4. Dude ur gonna ruin it. There's a guy here named August West that made an awesome guide to make iso hash. Do a search for it. There's some things you'll want to do differently.

I can tell you from personal experience it's better to use trim. Using buds ground up results in a "green" oil, I think it's the impurities from breaking the bud down when you grind them. Using trim whole results in a much smoother oil that is amber colored, and smokes much better. good luck, find the guide man!

5. I tried a technique I found here, except I used undried green leaves. Worked well enough. Should dry them. Bud should also work better since there is less THC in leaves/stems. Still works on it though.

Freeze the leaves. soak in ethanol alcohol for 30 seconds, shake for 30 more. Drain and let evaporate. This technique cuts down on the chloraphyl.

I was impatient and used a double boiler to evaprate the alcohol. Probably hurt the THC.

Not the best hash since it came from leaves. However, the hash was nice and light brown and gave a good buzz. Very powdery. Did the process three times. Each time resultes in less quality.

I am a believer that the timmings are a good source of THC to tide you over.

Oh, and the only way I have read to make hash oil is with butane. A little dangerous, but if done properly, should be quick and great results.

6. ethanol/isopropyl, you need to check which one isn't bad for you.

7. For leaf, I make oil using either isopropyl alcohol or acetone. BOth work the same way, add to leaves in a jar and shake for a couple of min then filter and let evaporate. Outside is the safest as both produce flammable fumes.

Slightly dried leaves work better than fresh ones. Leaving the leaves to soak for longer (eg overnight like I tried a couple of times) extracts more cannabinoids but also more plant material so you end up with more of a lower grade, greener oil. I suppose you could use the quick method then leave the leaves to soak overnight for a second extraction of grade II oil.

For popcorn nugs, water hash is my prefered method. This works on knocking the trikes off the surface of the bud/leaf so doesn't work too well for fan leaves. Chemical extraction is much more efficient for leaf material.

8. I've done iso method but you need 91% or higher then and this does work best with dried product for evap I pour solution once strained into pyrex dish that can easily be scraped with a razor. Safest when done outside. I put mine on a skillet thatway if it flames up you grab the pyrex with an ovenmit and place skillet ontop to kill the flashover. Personally I use all the scraps for my oil never concerned with bag appeal just quality and convenience. Final product for me is generally more like blackstrap molasses then amber but everyone seems to love the smoke of it, I perfer to eat it.