Hash oil before drying and curing?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by kw1, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Well my partner and I were wondering whether or not you can make BHO the day of harvest. By this I mean, must we wait for it to dry before we make the oil so that we don't need to waste time allowing the trim to dry before proccessing it.

2. i'm actually in the same situation and wondering the same things. from browsing/posting i found that fresh (i.e. not dried) is preferable when making bho, melty hash, qwiso, etc.

you need to freeze the material a night before you begin the extraction process, however.

3. Here is why fresh works better: The THC is on the outside of the plant. If you freeze the plant material before extracting, the frozen ice in the plant will insulate the tars and clorophyll etc in the plant from the solvent. That way, fewer tars and waxes in the plant will be extract.

If it's dry plant though, there won't be as much ice to insulate the internal waxes and tars from the solvent.

4. tnx man...+rep for what its worth...i asked this same question about a week ago and no one responded so i ended up just drying it...