Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Cross posted from the Hash Capsules thread. This is what most of it gets used as.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The usual suspects. 15 grams of Kief in each pile
    3 tablespoons of Coconut oil and a drizzle of Lecithin.
    [​IMG]
    Day before yesterday.

[​IMG]
    Yesterday.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  2. I got the last half of Summer 2020 harvest smashed last week for 320 grams of Kief. The whole harvest netted about three gallons dry measure of medium grind bud scraps. Today should get the last of the decarb done on that.

I'll turn the garage fridge down as far as it goes and pack the 190 proof bottles in. Didn't count but I think I have 7 fifths of reclaimed Everclear to work with. Should get to Tincture making on Monday.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  3. Alright so I know you don't really care about the best quality because of what you use it for but I am curious to hear your thoughts on this.. is it possible to shake dry ice hash and then run it through bubble bags with water to clean it to different grades of hash?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've never tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Do your first dry ice run with a 220 or bigger. 320 micron maybe. You'd just be skipping that initial step with the raw material.
    Do IT and let us know how it comes out.

I'd have to dig into the old threads and see just how mrsillly was doing his multi micron runs. I remember him posting some 73 micron pictures.
    @Dr M
    Hey Doc got a clue here? I don't remember if he posted the how.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. [​IMG]
    Bucket O decarbed bud scraps.

[​IMG]
    1 of 8 Tinctures
    A near full jar of bud scraps.
    A full fifth of cold reclaimed 190 proof.
    Shake 10 seconds and press out with Ricer.

All the pressed remnants go in the black bucket and I added enough water to float everything. It'll get strained and I'll recover the 190 proof that was trapped in the weed with the still in a separate run.

The Potato ricer has been cracked a while and a chunk finally snapped off the presser foot.
    Ordered a new heavy duty steel one.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  6. You could do this but I’ll bet that you would end up with a cleaner end product with just the ice water method and some quality bags.
    I’m a absolute believer in the effectiveness of these hash caps that BKS and BNW have brought to the table. Crazy strong!
    The Hashmaster 5k is an awesome way to get a ton of kief to work with, but it will have more plant matter to it incorporated into the kief. The 220 micron bag dumps a ton but just won’t be as pure. Perfect for the hash caps, and the extra plant material will only add to the entourage effect provided by the multitude of compound available.
    I don’t use a dry sift method like brass does, I only use the bubble bags. I only run 4 bags, 220,160,120,and a 72 micron. For me, the 220 bag just gives plant matter, the 160-120 gets a lot of hash with minimal plant matter in it and these get made to my hash caps. The 72 is the best quality ( usually, not always) and this gets pressed to bubble hash.
    I test everything. My last run had the 160/120 hash caps with 10 drops coming in around 35mg thc per unit. However, the 3 drop caps from the 72micron bag tested at nearly 24 mg thc per unit. That’s over twice the potency!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. On another note...
    A close friend was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and is coming to me for advice on a medical cannabis treatment. I’m familiar with RSO, but it’s been awhile since I made any. I make a ton of tinctures and I know the process is similar, but the soaking time is days vs minutes.
    Brass, you mentioned to me that you are working with a method to clean it up a bit and make it more palatable. I’ve been doing a winterizing step with my tinks, is this what you at referring too?

• Like Like x 1
  8. The wife just got asked if we could provide Cannabis meds to a acquaintance here on the mountain.
    They'd inquired before but didn't pursue it when they learned Kaiser Permantente would cancel their medical insurance and refuse to treat if they find Cannabis in your system.
    I know a State bill was in the works to prevent outfits like Kaiser from doing exactly this shit.

Kaiser cured this guys Leukemia but now Cancer is back and he's got masses everywhere. I'm not sure just what all else there is to the story and I'll update as I get more information.

I just topped off a Jar of a 1000 Kief capsules and we started the latest round of Tincture for RSO. I've got plenty of Kief caps here on the mountain that we can start him on today I told the wife.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah, I have folks who won’t get their med card cuz their insurance companies put them down as cigarette smokers and jack up their rates. I say, if those companies are lying in their assessment, lie right back to them.
    IMO this will all be solved by , at the very least, de scheduling cannabis and allowing federal medical research. Once the feds admit to it the Cat’s out of the bag and Big Insurance will be forced to cover people’s medical cannabis prescriptions.
    What a great day that WILL BE!:jump:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Huh I'm gonna ask my dad about that. He uses kaiser and obviously tons of weed. Wonder why they haven't booted him? That's some messed up shit though.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes. Winterize.
    In the large doses I use the RSO gives me an overwhelming urge to pee. Nothing actually there it's just urge.
    The RSO also has a huge clumsy factor that the Kief doesn't have.
    For both capsules being made from the same Cannabis the effects couldn't be more different.

The house freezer is packed and I'd be lucky to get a single Fifth sized bottle in it. I'm still working out just how I'm going to do it. Dry Ice is my other option but I'd like to only buy it once.

As you can see I've got a lot of scraps to process and only 7 Fifths of booze to work with. The bottleneck will be the winterization step if I have to use dry ice.

Do I take it all down to tar then bring it back into solution and chill? Or try and distill down to a fifth or two of highly concentrated Tincture and deep freeze that. I can stop the still close to the end. Sigh.... LOL always fun changing an established method.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm under the same type of shit with the Veterans Administration Hospital system but not quite that bad.
    Since I test for Cannabis they limit my heavy duty pain meds like Oxy-C, Opiates and their derivatives.
    Something like 15 pills per month and I have to beg for them every time. It's always a 1 time script with no refills.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. Phhtt typical. All that tells me it's they are aware cannabis helps. All they did was keep us in the dark ages where cannabis is concerned. Shame on them. You know our for father's made you agree to grow hemp if you bought land. Seems to me they were way smarter than what we got now......

Sent with more cow bell!?

14. I need to get that pot distiller set up, I don’t even want to think about how much everclear I’ve dumped into the atmosphere!

• Like Like x 1
  15. It only took me a single fifth of 151 evaporating to convince me I needed to recover that stuff. I started shopping for a still the next day as I recall.
    It took a couple of runs and changing things around before I figured how to get 99% of my $$$ booze back.
    At worst I need a new fifth now and again to make up the slight losses. Same 8 fifths of Everclear for a long while.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  16. What is your understanding of the 25 micron bag(like what ends up in there?) and why don't you collect it? Unfortunately I usually pull the most weight out of my 25 bag..

• Like Like x 2
  17. Well, I had a 25m bag but for me it never retained much and was soooo slow to drain I ditched it. I just picked up a 45 m bag too, but both times I’ve used it, I didn’t get much either.
    Maybe when I run some sativa leaners I’ll get more out of those two...

• Like Like x 2
  18. 25 does have some hot stuff in it depending on strain. Very flavorful stuff in there too.

Surprised to see JMc doesn’t press the 120-73u bubble hash. That’s some of the best full melt you’ll pull ;)

19. I’m working on that... trust me.
    I need to get a good press, I was close but ended up getting more lights lol!
    What brands do you like for what I consider “ light commercial “?

• Like Like x 2
  20. @BrassNwood ,
    For RSO that’s for that cancer friend, would a high CBD / low THC strain be beneficial? I’m thinking of this for RSO and the Hashcaps for the high THC dose?

• Like Like x 1