Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. How did the distilling go?

2. #282 Big Swifty, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    First I want to say that the thread's a good read and I'm looking forward to making my own H.M. 5000. Too bad that where I live there's no used market for things like Sawzall's - people use things till they don't work any longer. Anyway....

I have a few questions for BrassNwood (or anyone else) re: processing kief'd flowers. I'm about to be doing the same thing as far as dry ice extracting kief from entire flowers. I read the thread a few weeks ago so I don't remember everything, but do remember that post-H.M. 5k extraction of the good stuff, post-kief'd flowers are filled to 3/4 of a quart sized jar and then covered with a fifth of 190 alcohol to extract whatever's left and the soaked material then pressed with a potato-ricer to squeeze out the last drops.

Looking for a little confirmation on what happens next. Evaporate off all of the alcohol for RSO, or just some to concentrate it? Use as a tincture? What's the ultimate yield and potency? Think I recall seeing something mentioned about it (RSO?) being around 1/2 strength of the coconut oil capsules made from the kief.

Thinking to use the kief for tinctures and coco oil capsules and what I can yield from the post-kief'd flowers for a topical lotion using P'Sam's body butter recipe as a starting point.

Any thoughts on the yield and potency and/or thoughts on how best to use the post-kief'd flowers for a lotion? I'm wondering if it might make more sense to just infuse the kief'd flowers directly into the oils to be used for the lotion and skip the whole alcohol extraction process entirely, but maybe it's better to do the alcohol extraction and then infuse that or first evaporate off some (how much?) of the alcohol before infusing? Assuming that an solvent transfer would infuse better into carrier oils than RSO. Any ballpark figures on the weight of kief'd flowers or volume of tincture that should be infused into the base recipe which has 4 ounces of carrier oils, 20 grams of shea butter, and 24 grams of beeswax?

I may not be able to get a used Sawzall, but 190 moonshine is readily available and cheap, so I'm not concerned with using/evaporating alcohol if that's the better method.

3. @Big Swifty
    Currently the best price for a basic Sawzall is Harbor Freight or Walmart.
    [​IMG]
    around 25 bucks in most cases.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

My other sub thread has a bit more detailed info on the hash caps.

For topical lotions either direct oil or Alcohol tincture to RSO style works about equally as well.
    As a general rule of ratios I go about as thick as I can and still have the material workable.
    Mud Pie, My hash oil has to be hot to flow in an eyedropper if that helps give you an idea of consistency.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Thanks for the response, BNW. I've enjoyed this thread and the one you did on your capsules. I'm primarily focused on making non-psychoactive medicine for others, but will be making a batch of your capsules for my head.

I'm in S. America. No Walmart's, no Harbor Freight, no Craigslist 'Free Stuff,' no second-hand market for used tools. Gotta go new on that kind of stuff and pay higher prices than you would in the US. I could sell $25 Sawzall's all day long here and retire in a week. Other things are cheaper, so it's not all bad. Moonshine for extractions is cheap, decent herb is cheap, cost of living is cheap; if I was at all into things made from Coca leaves other than tea or beer that'd be super cheap and the highest of quality, but alas, the world spins fast enough for me so I prefer the green.

Was I correct in my assumption that your post-kief'd flowers yield a tincture that's about 1/2 the potency of your initial run of kief?

5. @Big Swifty
    As for the RSO vs the Kief oil Yes that's what I've learned over a few years at this. The RSO is made from the leftovers so I've shaken the best of the trichomes off the buds as Kief
    If you've read the threads it's all there.
    You can shake by hand and that's what I did at first. Gets tiring fast and I'm old and weak so fiquring out the Sawzall trick was the next logical step.
    Look around for a pollen shaker. A rock tumbler could be converted as well.

[​IMG]
    Pollen tumbler

upload_2018-8-28_18-8-39.jpeg
    Rock or ammo tumbler.

upload_2018-8-28_18-9-54.jpeg

upload_2018-8-28_18-10-14.jpeg

[​IMG]
    The pollen extractor runs a 180 micron screen.
    I'm running a 160 so it's in the same range. Just a bit larger openings.
    If your clever you can build it with a few basic tools and a BBQ spit motor.
    There's even one done on a cement mixer with a cone over the opening. A bit larger scale then I needed.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had one of these back when I lived in the states and was a grower.
    [​IMG]
    Fill it up, turn it on, come back later and then re-sift by hand through a 90 framed silkscreen for the better quality. Unfortunately, these make-life-easier toys don't exist in third world countries where up until recently the only thing legal was a few grams for personal use. Now it's legal for medical, provided you jump through all the hoops, but pollen extractors and anything more extravagant than rolling papers and cheap glass pipes are most likely years off. We do have e-cigs, though. Things I used to be able to easily buy are now strictly DIY. One of these days I'll get around to making a H.M. 5000. Until then I'm using my DIY 160 bubble hash bag and a framed 73 silkscreen.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I'm getting ready to make caps out of 3.5g decarbed flower and 3.5g AVB. I've read somewhere in these threads that you recommend heating for longer than the 20 min heat cycle. I imagine I'll need at least 5 table spoons to get everything to dissolve.

My question is how long do the heat cycles need to be? I've seen you mention anywhere between 20 minutes to 1 hour? How long do you recommend for 7g bud? Are we shooting for a target temperature with the heat cycle?

8. For example just heat until internal temp of flower/oil mixture is 200F?

9. @Scopetonic
    I usually run a triple batch of
    15 grams of hash
    3 tablespoons of coconut oil
    1 teaspoon of lecithin
    220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

If I'm doing a really large run like a cup of oil then I extend the heat time up to 45 min or an hour to make up for the large mass of oil.
    Can add more heat and freeze cycles to lessen the speedy effects and make it more laid back couch grade sleeper effects
    I don't use any more oil then just enough to make a workable sludgy mud pie consistency.
    At first it looks like not enough oil to get it all to dissolve but it does.
    The Mr. Coffee mug heater keeps it hot enough to flow well in an eyedropper but can get to hot and make the caps soft and hard to get the caps on so as dish gets empty I'll switch it off and on the better regulate the temp.
    Stir often to get an even distribution of material and oil.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1

10. I do 200@ 40 minutes then back to freezer for a day then set out let cool to room temp then 200@40minutes let cool to room temp then back to freezer. No more than 5 hours in all. All the time the product needs to be sealed twice with foil. Never unwrap until all process are finished.

11. I've made and consumed over 35,000 Hash-Coconut oil capsules in the past 6 years and have stripped the process down to the bare minimum times I can without sacrificing any quality of the end product. Since I do so much of it I needed to streamline it and kept experimenting batch after batch working out just what was absolutely needed.
    Many of the members on the site will testify it's ass kicking strong and handle with care.
    Stopped messing with foil at any stage about 4 years ago. Just not needed at all.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2

12. BNW do you mix all the varieties together in the kife

13. Cover and ( cover with aluminum foil) cook for 20@220 right.

14. I stopped messing with foil coverings a few years ago as it didn't make any difference in the end product.
    Decarb and oil processing I do both uncovered now.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. I have gotten 40 g today so far. The 160 screen makes the difference.

Attached Files:

16. I got 10 stainless steel cups 4 a $1.00

17. So glad we talked. So tired of BHO and Ever Clear mess. When I did this in the past I must of used a 90 screen got a lot of green .Then forgot about it

18. Look how much equipment you need to do that. Do you think people will buy all of that equipment, or do you think they will be more likely to invest in a Tumbler like this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first time using this, I ran my trim and popcorn buds through it and ended up with 32 grams of kief. I literally sat on my couch and turned the drum slowly for 15 minutes while I watched TV.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 2
  19. A friend has made similar, he used an old microwave motor to turn the drum

what size screen is that

thanks in advance

20. You don’t need a motor. I don’t know why people always insist on having a motor for a tumbler. It takes 12-15 minutes to extract all of the kief from trim and popcorn buds.

I have many tumblers. I make them with 125 micron and 100 micron stainless steel screens.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1