Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. hey bnw what's up!

so.. I took a full cap of 73 micron (same recipe) and... too intense for me lol my heart was pummmmpin

73 is noticeably stronger than 120. I'll be making the 160 soon

• Like Like x 2
  2. Took this moment in time to run off all the 190 proof on hand and use up some of the ready decarbed material..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The usual recovery..
    [​IMG]
    15 grams in oil.. 15 grams decarbed.. 15 grams to be decarbed..
    BNW

• Like Like x 6
  3. [​IMG]
    With 3 1/2 half gallon jars of alcohol soaked weed to recover I set the still up..
    [​IMG]
    Dumped the remains on the compost pile..
    [​IMG]
    The wet weed recovery..
    [​IMG]
    Next up was the tincture and I pulled it down all but the last cup or so and I'll continue working that into RSO today..
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
  4. Approximately how much kief would an oz or standard size mason jar of bud give you using the hashmaster 5000?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. @TrichomeMadness
    Typical return is 10-15 % with the 160 micron mesh and a 60 second shake.. The big half gallon jars hold about 100 grams of bud and I'll get a 4 ounce mason jelly jar full and that's 10-15 grams of kief depending on strain..
    Quart jar is half that so 50ish grams of bud.. Should return 7ish grams of high grade kief..
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
  6. So back on the 17th I ran the still and reduced 4 liters of tincture and left this with about a cup of water-tar in the pan..
    [​IMG]
    Left setting in the cold toaster oven it's near fully evaporated with a bit of water left under the tar..
    I'll get to working this up further in the morning..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. I bet that's gonna be some stroooong stuff.

2'x2', 3'x3' and 2'x4' - Multi-strain

• Like Like x 1
  8. @Charlie0824
    Here is that pan of tar-goo..
    It's about half as potent as my kief based oil.. Still very strong as far as the average Joe is concerned..
    [​IMG]
    I heated, poured and scraped from pan to dish then used some 190 proof Everclear and a toothbrush to clean the last of the tar out.. I added a matching amount of 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and continued to heat.. That alcohol and the last of the water is what is bubbling off here and that lasted about 2.5 hours at 220 F..
    That finished that current batch of RSO so I put 4 more 5ths of 190 proof in the fridge to start chilling.. I have another gallon dry measure of decarbed bud scraps ready to wash to tincture..
    BNW

• Like Like x 6
  9. [​IMG]
    Warm temps and a dry enough yard I ran off the 4 cold bottles I had ready to go
    [​IMG]
    The usual recovery..
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  10. [​IMG]
    Busted out my best friend and knocked out most of the last harvest
    [​IMG]
    8 full and a bit
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hi BNW,

I want to start to turn all my trim and some popcorn nugs into Kief. I believe I own a sawsall but I will have to confirm that when I get home. If you could give any expert advice or even advice on what equipment to purchase, that would be great. Now to find some dry ice :blink:

• Like Like x 1
  12. @Dabs20
    [​IMG]
    This was the only tricky part to make. Getting the holes drilled in the old blade was a pain.
    The rest is well covered in the thread. Paint can in plastic works best as the metal ones fatigued and ripped open after a short time. The big band clamp is from the AC duct dept. The mesh was 160 micron nylon sock from the local hydro shop.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  13. [​IMG]
    Fresh alcohol for more RSO production run through the still to get as much water out as possible before I wash.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  14. How does your reduced RSO smell? I don't particularly enjoy the odor of mine, certainly not compared to good shatter or wax

15. Do you think it's necessary to decarb the hash before mixing the oil in if you're going to be doing 3 or 4 heat/freeze cycles? Would the heating portion of the cycle accomplish the decarb or do cannabinoids react differently to heat before and after they're combined with oil

16. @SantiagoDunbar420
    I do both methods. Straight Dry Ice Hash to oil that is my preferred method and very tasty to just let melt like candy in your mouth.
    The Alcohol wash to RSO is vile stuff and NOT nice to the mouth or nose. Very bitter and the taste lingers long. I keep close track of the RSO caps as they are swallow only grade.
    Not having access to lab testing I can only go off empirical evidence and I always decarb. Even the extended cook times I need to insure all the water is out before capping the RSO I still fully decarb before I start. Done it both ways enough times to know it's very low strength with no decarb. Wears off really fast too.
    Seems once the cannabis is submerged in the oil any additional decarbing is very limited.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  17. [​IMG]
    Another round of hash master 5000 gets done and more caps under way.

• Like Like x 3
  18. [​IMG]
    About 4 liters of tincture reduces to this.
    [​IMG]
    2 loads of 15 grams of hash eash about to be decarbed
    [​IMG]
    Busy bee day.
    [​IMG]
    Had to keep running outside and doing the happy plane dance around the backyard every time he came over.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4

19. How in tha world do u get so much kief?