Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash in a ball or in lines?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HighinHI, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I've been told the best way to smoke hash from a pipe is to roll it into lines and put it all over your bowl. Other people just put a ball of hash on top. Which way gets you higher?

Attached Files:

2. uhhhh,idk,you would think the lines would get you higher because there's more surface area exposed :confused_2:

3. put a ball of it on a thumbtack and burn it with a glass over it so the glass catches the smoke and then suck it out with a straw.

4. It's hard for me to notice any difference. So nobody smokes their hash like this or notices any difference from just making it into a ball? I'm about to put some hash on top of my bowl but I wanted to know which way is better.

5. tomato, tomahtoe.

6. just affects the burn rate of the hash. having it more spread out in lines means itll burn faster n more evenly. I just ball it up n it burns after the weed under it is toasted.

7. In a party setting, would lines like that be better for cornering as oppose to a ball?

8. I do whatever strikes my fancy on the moment. Doesn't make too much difference

9. take those lines and roll them into tiny balls and put them all over the top of the bowl, they will melt quick onto the herb.

But honestly, I dont like topping bowls with hash unless im taking a snap. I prefer the method the other user said with a cup on a thumbtack, then light it on fire, cover with cup, wait for smoke, and inhale with straw.

10. #10 HighinHI, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    Okay so I just tried the thumbtack method and the bottle method with the cig, and they both didn't work :( Just wasted mostly all my hash and a lot of time. Can't do hotknives cause I can only smoke in my smoking room, don't wanna smell up the kitchen. Should've just put the hash on the bowl. would've been high now instead of sober and pissed and sad that I just wasted my hash.

The bottle method was just gross, the hash fell off and burnt the bottle and what was left on the cig just burnt up and I only tasted cig smoke it was nasty and I don't think I got any hash smoke. The thumbtack glass method didn't work either. I lit the hash on fire on top of the thumbtack and it smokes and then I put the glass over it but as soon as I do that it goes out. It doesn't keep burning. I didn't get any hash smoke that way either.

Sorry about the complaining. I smoked a bowl and am much better now. I'll keep trying till I perfect those methods but it'll have to wait till the next time my guy has hash.

That's a good point. I figure lines would allow every corner a piece of hash instead of everyone having to burn up the center.

11. I'll use the cigarette method occasionaly, easy for me but I have been smoking hash for yrs.

I also make a "line"of it and then warm it up lightly with a flame (not burning it!) and then it will crumble nicely. I drop it in a bowl by itself or sprinkle it over my weed. It Burns easy doing it this way. Good for 1 hitters and bongs IMO.

12. I've never tried this, but I'm guessing that you're not supposed to set the glass over it and smother the flame. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't holding the glass just above the flame capture the smoke enough to inhale with a straw?:confused_2:

13. #13 HighinHI, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    Oh duh yeah you're right. I knew I should've watched that youtube video on how to do that but I had to sign up to watch it and I was baked so i didn't wanna go through all that. Wish I did, maybe then I would have done it right.

Just tried this, nice. easier than making hash logs/lines.

14. I just make small pieces, throw into a bowl and torch. Pretty simple. :) Vaping hash works too.

15. Either way if you smoke it all you are going to get the same high, however lines will be better for more smooth and easier, bigger hits. When Hash is all clumped up in a ball it's more solid and doesn't allow smoke to pass through it as easily if it were in lines.

Though I would probably ball it up myself if it was hash by itself, lines totally if it was on top of a bowl of herb.

I usually enjoy the hash/weed bowls better. :smoke:

16. I shave it with razor blade into small slivers. Gets torched much easier

17. Well what i like to do is make like 5 small balls and mix it with the trees im gonna put in the bowl, pack that shit and fire it up.

18. Yeah this sounds probably the most effective to get better hits.