Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

hash brownies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Puffit, Nov 29, 2011.

1. i am gettin 50$ worth of hash. if i make hash brownies how much will it stink up my house? my friend said it wont. nd is it easier to make regular weed brownies or hash brownies . i dnt want my wife to find out she leaves for 4 hours then is coming back so wuld i be ok?

2. I don't know anything about brownies, but i think you'd be good if you left the windows open/ fans and maybe made somthing after like rice and then accidently burned it, or popcorn and you could blame that for smelling up the kitchen.

3. [quote name='"Puffit"']i am gettin 50$ worth of hash. if i make hash brownies how much will it stink up my house? my friend said it wont. nd is it easier to make regular weed brownies or hash brownies . i dnt want my wife to find out she leaves for 4 hours then is coming back so wuld i be ok?[/quote]

It should be ok just open all your windows as spray a lot of air fresher it does proper stink but not like weed to be honest it smells like shit like proper cow shit and for me I fined it easier to boil weed in with the butter then just strain it out in to a bold or ya can just leave the weed bits in their but be warned it does smell ( REALY BAD )

4. How easy is it to make hash brownies? My friend said just get the hash drop some in the brownie mix then bake them? Also do i need to make canna butter or oil? I hope not.

5. [quote name='"Puffit"']How easy is it to make hash brownies? My friend said just get the hash drop some in the brownie mix then bake them? Also do i need to make canna butter or oil? I hope not.[/quote]

Ya gonna have to make the butter it's REALY easy but like I said it does smell go online there are loads of instructions upon how to make it just fined the one that best suits you ya can just put ya ween strate in to the brownie mix but it's crap best to make the butter

6. How easy is it to get the smell out for the butter? And when using hash do i just put it in the butter like weed or can i just put it in the mix. I really don't care what it tastes like just wanna get high:)

7. [quote name='"Puffit"']How easy is it to get the smell out for the butter? And when using hash do i just put it in the butter like weed or can i just put it in the mix. I really don't care what it tastes like just wanna get high:)[/quote]

As long as all your windows are open the smell will clear in a hour or 2 and I have never used hash to make brownies just weed but I'm guessing it's the same type of principal like I said go online a fined some instructions I just drop my weed in to the butter let it boil on the stove for about half an hour on a low setting (the butter can burn easy) then strain the mix trough a strainer in to a bowl to get the bits of weed out the butter then leave the butter to dry hard and after that just make the brownies like you normally would

8. But see I only have 4 hours. I can't keep the butter somewhere. Thats why i was asking can i just but the hash in the brownie mix ten cook? Also culd i just make canna oil nd poor it in right away? How long does it takw to get that nd the brownie smell out?

9. It would be an enormous (and very sad) waste of potency to drop good hash into a brownie mix, as-is :( It's sad enough when people do it with good herb, but hash? *shudder!* :eek:

Use whatever time you do have, and process your hash gently in a pure oil source, before adding it to the mix. Some processing with oil, is better than none at all, even if you have to be abbreviated and stop short of the full process. You will be much less disappointed in those results, than you would be by the results of just dropping it into the mix, raw.

Cannabis glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to absorb all on its own; even if it has been activated, even if it has been extracted and concentrated and it's in a sticky or gooey form. It needs a vehicle for absorption, it's why we choose the edible solvents we do; oil, alcohol and glycerin (the big common solvents for edibles) not only break down and dilute glandular material into particles small enough to be absorbed, but those solvents dramatically enhance cellular permeability and absorption.
    Where those small particles would usually 'bounce' off, they are instead absorbed through the cellular walls, due to their alcohol, glycerin or lipid coating.

The oil you choose to use, even makes a direct impact on where in your body the potency is absorbed, and processed... different oils, can produce a wildly different outcome depending on the length of the triglyceride chain, and the amount of saturated fats they contain.

[​IMG]

Don't forget to decarb, or activate your hash first, as well... please, for the love of G*d, and all that is holy, at the very LEAST activate it before dropping it into a watery brownie mix!!

Decarboxylation (or activation) is the process of removing the carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide, and water vapor.
    Trying to decarb in a watery mix, is like trying to fry the moisture out of a potato, in a soup broth, instead of oil. :p

Simple, easy, quick steps like the above, can turn what would have been a single disappointing dose, into 3 - 5, stronger, longer-lasting, more powerful doses... from the same amount of material.

Wouldn't you rather get powerfully medicated four to five times, from the same amount of material that only mildly-medicates you just once, when you cut corners? A batch of brownies that provides only 10 mediocre doses, after corners have been cut, could have instead made 30 - 50 individual, stronger doses, if the same material had been processed properly.

It's why we have so much dosage discrepancy, and so many failed edible stories... processing matters. It's why we bother to cook it at all, rather than just scarfing down raw buds.

When you cut corners, you need to make up for it by, not just 'increasing slightly', but often by multiplying the amount of material you eat... and that's if your under-processed edibles even work at all.... they often don't.
    That's because you're only absorbing a fraction of the potency available. The rest? It either goes 'in one end, and out the other', without absorption, or if you try to rush the process with too much heat, it's burned up and degraded, long before you can even take a bite..

Take a read through the stickies... in the CannaPharm, the first page is devoted to processing hash into edibles. :)

-------

I just KNEW that I was having 'deja-vu/veux'.... check out this thread, it's the same exact topic, and I went into literally the same exact spiel and progression, almost word for word, lol....

The search feature is your friend. :D

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/944300-using-hash-brownies.html#post12827082

10. In all should take about 2 hours to do every think the brownies won't smell like weed if you use the butter but the butter will and to make the butter dry hard faster just put it in the fridge for 10 min making oil is harder you are making more complicated but using oil butter is the best way

11. Where are you going to keep the brownies you make, that you can't keep your oil? If it's in brownie form, she still may find them, or get suspicious, or want to try one. :confused:

Assuming you may not have time to do everything you need today; oil is smaller in size than a batch of brownies, it's easier to jar up and hide than brownies, it's more shelf-stable meaning that it will last much, much longer outside the fridge than a baked confectionery-type item. And you can always dip into it any time you like, to make whatever you want.
    If you use a bit of your oil, with a spoon each of; powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and a drop of vanilla for instance, mixed together, you have an easy hash oil truffle. Using oil, you can make your edibles one at a time, or make a whole big batch.

You can still pour it into your brownies immediately, but you're still going to be left with those as evidence (better do the dishes before she gets home!). :p

The good news; the best oils are easy!! to make, and they are well-sealed, gently heated, and produce little to no odor during processing... baking the brownies however, may be another story. Even canna-aside, there will likely be an odor of baked brownies lingering in the house by the time she gets home.

Making a few cold edibles (like the truffles I suggested) would not only be faster, but without the baking, they are odor free. And you can reserve as much oil as you like for later, or still use it all at once.

--------------------

It's probably a little late for this (and it sounds a bit 'a-hole-ish' now that I'm typing it out!), but in the long run it's a good idea to marry someone who shares your hobbies and opinions... or at least accepts them, rather than judging you for having them. :)
    Did you start to smoke, only after the two of you met? Is there some reason you're hiding this from her rather than sharing, has she already had to let you know how she feels about it?

I only ask out of concern for the both of you.... Even with room mates, the golden rule is that you should NEVER be growing cannabis, or producing cannabis edibles in the house without the consent of every single person residing under that roof; it puts those at risk who are not aware, and may not even agree with what you're doing.
    But with a spouse, who you're supposed to be honest and open with to an even greater degree, than a room mate, it's an even larger sign of disrespect and potential trouble to come. :(

I'm obviously still giving you the information and helping you to get it done, knowing your circumstances, and where you haven't said specifically that you're not a patient yet. But on the other hand, these are still facts of life that you really need to consider. :)
    Respect your wife if she's against it, you made the decision and the choice to marry her after all, so you need to take a little responsibility, and that means if she's against it, you need to move future baking adventures to an agreeable friends house.

That's still not an ideal relationship, but then again few are these days, and it's better than this rushing, and worrying, and potential weed-wasting. :)