Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Has this happened to you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lampy, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Every time I smoke a strain with medium to high THC, I get a severe reaction. First, I start to hyperventilate and my heart rate increases to between 150 and 180. At the same time, I have muscle spasms which causes me to squeeze the couch or the person next to me. I can't make it stop. Then I get “bicycle” legs, where my legs are spasming like riding a bicycle. After about 30 minutes of this, I get a break of about 5 minutes, but then it starts again. This continues for 2-3 hours. My mind is completely clear and I have no feelings of anxiety or panic. I have thought about recording it, but I don't want anyone to use the recording for an anti-drug campaign. I just want to know whats going on. Anyone?

2. I happen to know this person well and have been the recipient of some incredibly strong muscle spasms. We have been trying to find high CBD, low THC strains to deal with severe knee pain. We tried White God, which runs about 12.5% CBD and 15% THC. This worked pretty well, great pain relief with a mild high. Then we tried a strain called Franks gift, supposed to be high CBD, low THC. Some pain relief, but the spasms occurred for about 20 minutes. Then we tried Canna-Tsu, .6% THC, 14.3% CBD. This strain was very harsh and didn't provide much pain relief. We would like to try Harlequin, or ACDC, or Cannatonic, but I'm a bit worried about the muscle spasms. Anybody have any experience with this kind of reaction? Any suggestions for other strains to try would be appreciated.

3. thats weird and has never happened to me or anyone i know. i hope its nothing serious.

4. How are yu keeping track of your heart rate or are you referring to your pulse? Muscle spasm s are different than consciencly squeezing a coach... Not to say it's not happening to you, but it's different but I forgot what it's called. And I'm only a EMT so I can't diagnose only point u in the right direction. Usually if you have an allergy it's different than the symtoms you described. My first guess is it's just inside your head; that doesn't mean it's not real but your mind is reacting negatively to the outward stimulus going into your body

5. I had been hoping to hear from an EMT about this.....because I can't seem to find reference to my reactions on the internet. We have a blood pressure cuff, so I have an accurate measurement of my blood pressure and heart rate. My heart rate is usually around 72 bpm. If I smoke a strain that has 15% THC, my rate goes up to 135. Anything more than 15% THC shoots it even higher. I am not consciously squeezing the couch....it's an involuntary movement. I have to keep squeezing something, the couch, my husband, my self. It's like contractions, I know it's happening, but I can't stop it. Plus hyperventilating, crying, and "bicycle" legs. This is a consistent pattern, always occurring in the same sequence, always lasting 2-3 hours. Once it starts, there is nothing I can do to stop it, it has to run it's course. Obviously I shouldn't smoke marijuana.....

6. Good luck, Lampy. I hope you find a strain that works for you. I hope you don't smoke very much when you do smoke- the reaction may be dose dependent. You might try BadKittySmiles recipe for canna caps. The repeated freezing and heating increases the cbd content I understand, for a more medicated, narcotic kind of high. Her recipe is in the edibles section. A green dragon tincture may also work. If you do try edibles please start out small.

7. This was the main reason I stopped smoking Cannabis 6-7 years ago.

I've recently been back at it and have noticed that if I mix a pure CBD strain with my higher THC stuff it really kills that's anxiety, racing heart fun stuff. I played around with Nordle which according to my LP is a 6% THC/7%CBD and i smoked a little too much last night and the anxiety did start to creep in. Big difference was I could control it significantly better than previous times.