Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by silent82, Jan 4, 2010.

1. :confused: So ive been smokin weed almost every day around 6 months ago, but i had to move so i stopped smokin for awhile. but a few days ago i blazed and something really wierd happened. i took a big hit and then a few smaller hits, but once it hit me i felt really lightheaded and my vision started goin dark and i couldnt stand up for some reason. i also got really pale. my friend told me it was because of low blood pressure and that i should eat food before i blaze. but it might have been a bad trip as i was feeling really anxious about something. can anyone tell me why this happened?

2. Too baked + headrush?

3. http://forum.grasscity.com/general/437616-brain-sergery-not-rockit-sceince.html

you remember any other details bout what went on? and physical feeling associated with this time?when you say your vision when dark -was it like fussy on the edges and closed in rhythmically?
    or did it feel more like a change in the lighting of the room
    do any Excessive sweating during or right after that "pale" part?

4. weed isn't normally a trip, but it affects everyone differently, so who knows.

anyway, weed does for sure affect blood pressure, and dizziness, paleness, and loss of vision are all related to sudden dip in blood pressure. Have you ever stood up too fast, and got a head rush? it's the same thing.

smoke less, and eat a little before you smoke. keep some water nearby, and don't smoke while driving or operating heavy machinery.

ps. ask a doctor, cause even a doctor couldn't answer your question on the forum.

edit: I have had similar conditions, even to the point of passing out long enough to fall on my ass. I woke up imediately after hitting the floor, but it was really disconcerting. We did smoke a ton of grass at once. One of the people I was smoking with has diagnosed epilipsy and she didn't have any problem, where I did, and I don't have epilepsy 100%

5. Just sounds like you greened out imo.

6. #6 dirtydingusus, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
    not everyone who has a seizure has epilepsy

actually a staggering amount of people who dont have epilepsy experience small partial seizures without ever knowing what they are......

i couldnt tell you if thats what you had or not- but if reading any of what i wright leads you to believe there is a possibility -you need to see a neurologist and be straight with them

they feel alot like a head rush . only one that "keeps going" and there are other symptoms as well depending on the intensity of the seizure one may experience auditory hallucinations as well as visual ones
    for myself it was always like a flash back to a dream- the docs all told me all strong feelings of dejavu are small partial seizures
    for me there was always a repetitive rhythmic sound like music but not quite like anyother music
    often everything would turn red like as if a red light had been turned on behind me
    and often the darkness would slowly close in from the sides untill all was darkness
    and a strange taste in ones mouth like a copper taste very metallic
    of corse over time they progressed from these tiny episodes into multi-day long events during which i would be blacked out a great deal of the time

durring and after a small one you may have a funny feeling in your belly
    and most teand to sweat quite a bit ither durring or after or both

7. it was very strange, but my vision got dark. like i couldnt see at all when i was standing up. but when i sat down i could see again and felt a little better, and i was just pale. no sweating

8. thanks for the advice, ill eat some food before i smoke and ill keep water or some juice nearby. this usually doesnt happen to me but it happened so thats why im so confused lol

9. yea im pretty sure i didnt have a seizure, but what you wrote about the darkness closing in is kind of what happened to me.

10. yea but i didnt puke

11. Same thing happened to me a couple weekends ago. I went downstairs to go cook some food, half way through my vision went blurry, felt dizzy, had to turn off the stove and sit down for a good 5 mins; then it happened again like 40 mins later. I'm going with low blood pressure, I'm fairly sure that's why it happened to me.

12. yea i was thinking that i had really low blood pressure, just looked up the symptoms and most of them happened to me. another factor was probably because i was a little dehydrated and didnt have enough liquids in me. also i didnt eat much that day so that must have been another factor to why it happened.

13. I've definitely had that happen before. It's just a rush of blood to the head. Eat something right before you toke up and you shouldn't have any problems. Make sure to have water with you when you smoke too, that helps.

14. Happens to me all the time if i dont drink water for a while and stand up quick.
    Haven't really seen a correlation with it happening while smoking though..

15. To me it just sounds like you stood up too fast. Vision goes dark and you almost feel like your gonna pass out. Shit happens to me once in a while.

16. i was standing up when it happened though, lol