Has this happened to anybody?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Llamamontana, Nov 27, 2011.

1. I'm a week and a half from harvest and this morning my 600w hps bulb burned out. I ordered another one this morning but it won't arrive for about ten days.

In the meantime I hung a 250 w MH light over the girls to maintain the 12/12.

Is this decrease in light wattage OK for a little more than a week. Half of my plants could be harvested today but a couple of them are a little longer flower time (white widow) and are still showing a majority of white pistils.
    I really don't think the buds are going to get any bigger. Do I have anything to worry about?

2. Although not ideal, its its not the end of the world, your plants will be fine.

You are almost following natures schedule because the amount of light goes down as plants approach the fall months and during the final weeks of flower...

You're fine.

3. [quote name='"HydroBuilderCom"']Although not ideal, its its not the end of the world, your plants will be fine.

You are almost following natures schedule because the amount of light goes down as plants approach the fall months and during the final weeks of flower...

You're fine.[/quote]

I wonder if this would even be beneficial, maybe the plant will think its getting closer to winter and plump up to prepare for death. Kind of like a less harsh version of putting them in the dark for 48 hours. Be interested to see how it turns out.

4. The urban poison and the jock horror are almost ready for the scissors but the(3) white widows are going to take at least a week longer. While the pistels on two of the ww are starting to turn brown and gurl in, one of the ww just keeps on sprouting white pistels and the buds are getting fatter each day. This has been a weird grow. I started with 2 urban poison, 3 white widow, 1 jock horror and 1 northern lights. It looks like the UP's
    will be done first then the JH and NL's then the WW.
    What's weird is the NL and JH should have finished first then the UP and WW which are suppose to have a 9 week or so photo period should have finished last.
    It looks like everything will be finished in 8 weeks or less of flowering. Nice fat buds though.

5. While this is probably a good lesson for learning, but it's not really going to hurt anything in your grow...my guess anyway.

I would suggest that you watch it this time and not do it again. LOL

Plants are hardy...especially at this phase of your grow.

6. Changing spectrums so suddenly sounds kinda sketch to me. But hey I guess you got no choice.

7. I just finished the harvest this morning. Everything came out ok. Have a new grow started with 9 autoflowers that are doing well.

Attached Files:

• 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      177.9 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      131.3 KB
      Views:
  8. Glad everything worked out. What was the final dry weight.

9. I actully took them out of the grow room alltogether and let mr sunshine take care of them for the last week without any problems at all.

10. I don't know yet. It looks like it'll be between 1.5-2.5 oz per plant. I never get a truly accurte final weight anyway cause I always end up poaching a few buds during the cure....:eek::eek:I can't help myself, I'm weak!