Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Has this ever happend to you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 4smoke2daynite0, May 4, 2010.

1. So me and my buddys were toking up with this ******-rigged bong i made out of a water bottle and a simple bic pen. I had about 3 grams of fire and im fairly new to smoking, only been doing it for about 2 months now. So we put in a good sized nug and so i let it rip. After the first hit ( which was a big one).After that i couldnt stop coughing for about 30 seconds.Then i started to dry heave and after that my friends said my eyes went bloodshot and started to sweat, on top of that i coulnt breathe for the next minute and a half. I turned purple and my idiot friends just laughed and watched. After regaining my breath back I couldnt talk for a minute or so. I am new to smoking so im wondering if its just my virgin lungs or have any other of you guys had this when you were newcommers too, thanks :wave:

2. Could you possibly have an alergic reaction? I'm not even sure if thats possible though, someone else can confirm.

3. I doubt it was the bud, that's highly unlikely. It's possible that it could have been just you being a novice smoker, but again, I doubt this as well, as the symptoms you described sound more serious. Most likely you did something wrong in making the homemade bong. Do yourself a favor and buy a piece at your local headshop, it'll make things a lot smoother. A small pipe glass pipe should be around $10, and bubblers start around $25 where I'm at. Homemade pieces are okay if you make them right, but I've seen my fair share of people fucking them up and either wasting their bud or inhaling plastic. If you're going to make homemade pieces, use fruit. Works just as well with much less risk.

4. I have been developing rashes and hives latley and i cannot seem to find the cause. But weed has never done that to me befor so i doubt it hmm..:confused:

5. Slow down, Bucky. You got all the time in the world. You don't have to smoke it all in one hit. Just take hits you can handle. No one goes from zero to two gram bong rip guy in their first session.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae6tBCxC1QA&feature=PlayList&p=1B50191CACF91386&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=27"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae6tBCxC1QA&feature=PlayList&p=1B50191CACF91386&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=27[/ame]

6. No way man. Btw I would of beat your friends for laughing.

If im with friends and a problem like that occurs we always try our best to help the person ;)

7. Yes, luckly for me i live right by a headshop. But maybe i inhaled some melted plastic from the pen or smoked a stem..

8. Smoking a one stem isnt going to do all of that shit to you...

9. well. as i said im new to it so i dont really know what im talking about. But choking on air? idk wut i did..

10. It is very possible that it was because of your hit, let's break this apart:

Coughing for 30 seconds? Absolutely. If you rip a huge hit like you did, being a novice smoker I would be surprised if you DIDN'T cough for a bit.

Dry heaving could be a response to the severity of your hit, and once again, your relative newness to smoking. In my day i have taken rips where I coughed so hard I almost felt I could vomit, and I have friends who have actually vomited from taking too large of a hit. With hits of this size, immediate reddening of the eyes is quite common, and they can get pretty red :p

The not being able to breath, I'm assuming, was a not full on asphyxiation but just very difficult to breathe, am I correct? This would typically last for about a minute or two after a hit that was too large, and talking for a minute or two would be difficult as well.

I would venture to say you are definitely currently ripping beyond your capabilities and that as a result, you're lungs are taking a beating and resulting in these symptoms.

My suggestion: get a grinder and grind up your bud, don't just jam a large nug in the bowl and spark it up. Pack a smallish bowl and take a rip, I would bet you won't experience the severe issues you just mentioned. You will still likely cough since you're new, and my eyes still get very red after being a long time smoker, so that will continue as well.

As for the hives, I don't think it would be related to your smoking, but I am not a doctor, don't take my word for that one.

P.S. Signatures: you're doing it wrong. Go to your account and click edit signature to have the "Everything i write is completley fictional and only for other peoples entertainment,why? Because weed is illegal!" tagged on to all your posts. You don't need to add the line, either.

Be easy :smoking: :wave:

11. post a pic of thr peice u made

what did u pack the weed in

12. Lol smoking stems will NOT do this to you. Nor will seeds.

I've smoked both before.

13. Do you have hay fever or any other kind of allergy? The shipments weed comes in vary like crazy, from hay to livestock if you can believe it. One of my dealers has a dog, and he was playing with it before he served me. Needless to say, I had a sneezing high for that g I got off of him. In your case, not too sure. Its possible its an allergy or that your lungs aren't too used to it. Take it easy until you're more comfortable. But do check on the allergy thing. Also, do you have any anxiety problems?

14. thanks man, that was really really helpful:) but i was totally out of air and couldnt breath, nothing getting in nothing going out, i forgot to mention smoke was comming out of my lungs about 10 mins later from that single hit. and i should just stick to a pipe with smaller hits, i always try to outdoo myself

15. anxiety is not a problem at all, im a very chill laid back person. i am experiencing allergy symptoms now two days after and i got rid of a cold only just 2 weeks ago.

16. just a water bottle with 2 holes, one to put the pipe in and one to cover with your finger. i packed the weed in the pipe made from the pen and lit it.

17. [​IMG]

18. Heh, I can't fault you there, I always try to outdo myself as well. I would suggest sticking with a pipe for a little bit. (Or bubbler, chillum, etc, the actual piece doesn't matter that much, just suggesting these since they generally have relatively small bowl sizes, you can smoke out of anything you want)

Take small hits, breathe in some more air as to bring the smoke into your lungs, hold it there for 2-3 seconds, breathe out. Get used to the feeling, effect, etc before progressing to bigger rips. If you feel the hit was too small, then you know you can pack it a bit more next time, and progress to bigger hits at your own pace. Don't try to oversmoke, don't feel the need to take the same size rips as your friends, etc. Smoking is about enjoyment, and you certainly can't enjoy yourself if you're making yourself sick, just take it easy and have fun.

19. I think you definitely could have inhaled melted plastic from the pen and this caused an adverse reaction similar to asthma. Bronchial tubes constricting, ect...

Whatever you smoked out of, don't use it again and be more careful in the future when making home made pieces.