Has this been done in a CFL grow?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by plugged, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Based on the fact a 26x CFL can be an inch from a seedling and cause no problems, I got to thinking..

First, you know those lamps with the metal tubes you can bend/flex to position the light? If you designed it right, couldn't you use a similar concept to rig up a garden where you plants can literally grow around lights placed in the garden? Instead of all light being from above and the sides, you could place lights inside the plant with a little LST & pruning or a PC fan next to the bulb to control the heat. This could probably even be done with 42w CFL bulbs; you can touch the 26w bulb and not burn yourself.

...or am I getting ahead of myself? I think I might wind up doing some experimenting on one of my plants.

2. yeah it could be done... i mean thin. if u had a board with pegs on it u could train it to grow around all the pegs oin the wall. u can technically train em to do mad shit

3. Yeah.. I'm going to make another veg chamber and try this out on a couple plants. Might be worth the extra effort.