Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Has there ever been a study of THC's solubility?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by vindeezy, Aug 13, 2012.

1. like why it is soluble in lipids and alcohols and not water?

2. It's due to the positive iso-ion of THC that it does bind to "C2H5OH" and not h2o. When the iso-ion reaches 200% valence electrons, it revolves back into the sample of Schwarzchild radius which indicates the amount of isonomers in the space provided. With C7H9(OH)7 being the titraniumastic chromosome it doesn't have any more valence rings to remain active.

3. ROFLOL, lost... Absolutely lost, I hope that was pulled out of your ass but the formula for ethanol is correct..?..

4. man idk if you're being serious or fucking with me

haha

5. what he said

6. [quote name='"xjado321"']It's due to the positive iso-ion of THC that it does bind to "C2H5OH" and not h2o. When the iso-ion reaches 200% valence electrons, it revolves back into the sample of Schwarzchild radius which indicates the amount of isonomers in the space provided. With C7H9(OH)7 being the titraniumastic chromosome it doesn't have any more valence rings to remain active.[/quote]

Somebody come up with some double jeopardy questions from this please. Im too high :bongin:

7. From what i remember, its because THC is nonpolar so it can only dissolve in nonpolar solvents. Water is a polar solvent, so it doens't work with water. I'm sure google can help you out.

8. #8 scottio19, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Thc has a low solubility in water, even though water is polar.
    It is more soluble in alcohol, which is also polar but less than water.
    The more nonpolar the solvent gets, the more soluble thc will be in it.

thc is a large molecule, and is not completely nonpolar. This is why it is minimally soluble in a very polar solution like water. quote I found regarding this:

"Now, thc is not completly non-polar, on a scale of 1 to 10 it would be about a 7. Water would be a 0, ethanol a 5(ish) and hexane a 9. For these reasons, hexane would extract most non-polar substances, and leave behing organic matter, giving you the pursest form of thc tincture. Ethanol would dissolve mostly thc, but you would also get some organic matter (less pure). And finally, water would extract almost only organic matter, but you might get some traces of thc too."

lolz chromosome

9. Yes, chromosome.