Has the media been reporting on the recent legalization efforts?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by EnergySausage, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Because In Australia it hasn't been in the news or even news papers or anything. I was wondering whether it is big news over in America or if the media is just kind of avoiding it?

2. In the UK the only station that have reported it is Al Jazeera, and in a very positive light too. Doubt it will make the BBC or any any of the main 5 channels (as always) unless there is a falsified story about how 'Cannabis causes memory loss' followed by, only 3% of people taking part in the study saw adverse effects. Noob media.

3. Its pretty big news on all the local news stations here in Colorado, but that is to be expected. National news have been reporting on it pretty well, but It seems like most of the news reports and articles have a pessimistic tone to them, focusing more on how they think the federal government is going to react, especially since the feds have yet to make a statement on it.

4. I don't really watch much mainstream media in the US. I get most of my news online.

From the little bits of msm I do watch though, I haven't seen anything on it.

5. I saw it on Yahoo and my local news station was talking about it.

6. Local media has been talking about it, but not to much. At least its being talked about in a mostly positive manner. I think it will be avoided by the national media until around December when they put it into effect.

7. cnn, fox news, and msnbc have been talking about it daily since tuesday

8. I've seen it on CNN and the today show, that's about the only news I see. I don't recall seeing it on the local news, but in South Carolina I'm not surprised.

9. The major news stations like CNN and Fox News have touched on it but nothing major. I was hoping it would be top headlines around the country, but it's not the first I've been disappointed by the media.

10. fox q13 on channel 13 news has been talking about it on/off every 3 hour's with a special 20 mins long report on tv at 9:30 on the other aspect's of the buisiness.

mostly the've been telling people that it will take up to a year for retail stores to get thier stuff together and untill then blackmarket's will operate the sales ie dispenseries.

11. We've seen it covered on all local networks here in CO, and I've also seen reports on CNN and Fox as far as national news goes. The national networks mostly covered our Governor's statement though, playing the "don't break out the cheetos and goldfish just yet" statement constantly.

12. ah i missed this. did they say dispensaries will be allowed to sell to non MMJ patients?

13. <tinfoil hat>

IMHO if they had declared possession of pot being grounds for a death penalty, it would be all over the media as a good thing...but make it legal via the will of the people, and it is buried as 'not worthy' of being public knowledge...

</tinfoil hat>

Good thing we can always trust the mainstream media isn't it folks... :p

14. They mentioned it on the local news here in South Carolina but nothing major.

15. Yep that's what I suspected, god damned media. This is huge news and of coarse they are just going to skirt around it, only touching on it occasionally and always (usually) in a negative manner.

Makes me mad.

You'd be surprised at the amount of difference a negatively biased story/article can make on your average, unthinking person.

16. Im surprised the bbc hasnt said anything about it yet. I do remember them reporting the failure of prop 19...

Apparently its been on fox since my mother told me about it (i dont really watch that channel)

17. #17 Storm Crow, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    Mad enough to do something about it? :mad:

I'm that mad, and I comment frequently in the news! I FIND ways to educate folks and counteract the BS!

Article on Tasmainan Devils dying of cancer? Cannabis slows/stops cancer! Bring it on!

Tasmanian Devil's Sneaky, Contagious Cancer Evolves - Yahoo! News

Storm • 1 day ago
    I wonder if this cancer has the ID-1 protein like many aggressive human cancers? If so, the answer to curing the tumors may be found in this recent article- "Pot compound seen as tool against cancer" where a non-psychoactive (no high at all) compound in marijuana, cannabidiol (CBD) was found to cause cancer cells to revert to normal!

"When McAllister and Desprez exposed the cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state. Both scientists were shocked."...The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers."

New strains of "High CBD" marijuana are available in MMJ states in the US. Perhaps the researchers should find some and see if it works?

Oregon Pot Law failure? Lots of opportunities there!

http://news.yahoo.com/wacky-pot-law...a39e-fabffd8aad1e&bcmt_s=u#ugccmt-container-b

• Storm • 21 mins ago

Norm, he is asking you to compare the effects of cannabis to the pills! Like in WebMD's article, "Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's", where Aricept and THC were compared!
      "THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.
      The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC."

Yep! THC from pot out performs Aricept! And, I can grow pot for pennies a dose! Need more? How about a PubMed study? "{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.

Norm, cannabis is the "Tree of Life"! Run a search for "Granny Storm Crow's List" and learn the facts about this healing herb!

• Storm
      • a second ago
      Now that is interesting! Judging from the "thumbs downs", apparently there are a few of you who would rather folks lose their minds to Alzheimer's, than try an effective, pleasant and safe herbal remedy! WebMD is a reputable medical information source, not a front for "High Times"! Each article is independently reviewed by doctors for accuracy.

Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious! Educate yourself, folks! Run a search for "Cannabis Alzheimer's" or "Cannabis cancer" and see what you get!

Look, just hitting the "HEALTH" section of the news, I can always find a couple of articles to comment on! Look at my List! (click that first link in my sig, or see the bottom of my sig) All those lovely Alzheimer's and cancer studies are just begging to be used! :devious:

Granny :wave:

18. Yeah maybe you're right Granny. In my day to day life (not on the internet) I do my best to educate people about cannabis. I even managed to convince my mum (thanks in part to showing her some of your links actually) that it's not all that bad and she has agreed to smoke with me one day soon! :D Which is a miracle as she was a complete weed Nazi before.

I guess I should try and use the internet to spread the word as well.