Has Smoking Weed Become The Constant When Hanging Out With Friends?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by WoodHouse, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Or maybe he has the mentality that "even if they search my trunk, worst thing they find is a piece of paraphernalia, which is a 100-something dollar ticket (in my state)".

2. With my smoker group of friends we smoke whenever we chill... and with my non-smoker groups, well, I don't hang out with them much anymore.

3. What pisses me off is that we always have to be doing "Something" like we can't just kick it? Meh, lifestyle i suppose. 

4. With some friends it is for sure now [were ok not smoking and just chilling if we can't get weed, but us not being able to get weed is very rare] But then I got friends who don't smoke at all and we just chill

5. Exactly how it is.

6. I love being able to hang out sober, to be honest. But some people just make it all about getting high and it sucks.

7. Been that way for a couple years now. Before doing most activities-excluding some things like working out, studying, & other things better off doing sober-we gotta smoke up before we do them. I wouldn't say that I'm proud of it but I'm definitely not complaining either.

I mean it's not like "Going to Kroger, let's get high", because that's just a petty task.

8. I've noticed this also, I use to be somewhat of a low profile person, but since I started weed I made a shit Ton of "friends" I chill with but now that I think about it are they actually friends? No. The on reason I chill with them is to smoke, which is fun but sad at the same time for me, because otherwise we really have nothing else in common.

9. Yes, unfortunately this is true for my group of friends as well. Having bud has sort of become a prerequisite requirement for hanging out at all, and on those occasions when we do hang out without smoking the disappointment is palpable.

My friend swung by my place the other day without calling and I didn't have weed...He left after an hour.

10. Like my friends now I could hang out with sober or high and it'd be fine. But some people are hard to reconnect with if I don't have bud on deck...and that's hard (impossible in my case) to do when you're on probation.

Bottom line: If you lose friends because you can't/don't smoke together, they weren't your true friend to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  11. all my friends and myself are dab fiends, I supply our habit constantly 

12.  Yeah, I agree with alot of you. I'm not complaining about smoking becoming an expected routine, it's just something you notice. 

My friends and I usually work on a reciprocity system. If one of us has weed and the others don't we will smoke each other out because we know that in a few days or weeks the favor will be returned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #33 Tree Burner, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    It used to be like that for me in high school but not so much anymore. Although, it's because some of my friends don't smoke. If my friends and I are hanging out and people have weed......well shit, why not? I'm down to chill whether there is weed or not though.

14. Well when i had friends, thats basically how it was. Get high and go get food. Now im all for getting high but it just got really old idk my best friend tutned into a douche and i wish i never got him into smoking

15. #35 Jumbo, Jun 3, 2013
    word, shit got boring really fast for me. same shit every fucking day.... 

they never wanted to do shit, and when they did, they didnt have money, weed, a car, etc. 

basically told them all to go fuck themselves and stop hanging out. i have basically a handful of friends now, but i feel better off. 
    people just started to piss me off when we would chill and thats not what it was supposed to be like. 

i havent smoked in like 35 days now and im not sure i want to smoke again.... 

recently had a friend come to town after moving a while ago. we stopped talking until like a month before he came when he started to text me. i figured we would continue to talk and be friends again.... he hits me up one day when he was in town, i had to pick him up to drive him to my place. he go to pick him up and hes with his girlfriend. no mention of her coming before that. im like w/e i dont really care. 

we go to me crib, he has no money, no weed, nothing. i figure fuck it, i can smoke a friend out. we chill, bullshit around and then hes like word we got to leave. like an hour and a half later....  i figure cool peace out see you later. hes like can you drive us? 

basically he never talked to me since. vaped him and his girl out, drove them around town, and go nothing in return and he stopped talking to me. so much for beings "friends" 

16. Ah I feel you dude..i also havent smoked in 2 months, i took a little t break from smoking alot and all of a sudden no one wanted to chill or even talk to me. I also notice these major stoner guys i know, well i follow em on instagram and their whole life is smoking.. Thats all they do. I like people who actually leave the house and do shit besides get high and eat food. Lol going to a continuation high filled with stoners actually sucked, because all they did was talk about weed and it just made me dislike weed for a bit. But majorily because my town is gay and the people here are shallow fucks.

17. #37 Jumbo, Jun 3, 2013
    word, and its not even about just leaving the house. everyone i know still chills like when we were in 10th grade, hanging out with high school kids in elementary school playgrounds smoking weed and drinking every weekend. 

id prefer to backpack in the woods or drive out to a dope beach, or go fishing. but nah, aint nobody got time fo that. 

they rather spend their 80$ paychecks to smoke dime sacks with kids in 11th grade lol. and most my friends couldnt even afford food, and if they could it was a single 1$ bag of chips and 1$ arizona iced tea from 7/11.

9/10 of my "friends" had like 11 dollars in singles in their wallets on a good day. and it was all gone by the end of the night. buying single cigarettes for 1$ and shit.

lol writing this down makes my really glad im not their friend anymore.... 

i grew past that shit, and prefer my alone time now. could use a couple really loyal friends but im good for now... lol 
    i spend most my time at work, school, or training anyways. 

18. Toking bros are essential.

Bud brought us together haha but I also kick it sober sometime.

19. Not always but it always makes things more fun. Anytime i have people over to my place i smoke them out and if they wanna match or pay it's appreciated. I just like everyone to have a good time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I have a group of friends that I smoke with when I chill. thankfully I also have friends who don't smoke and we can just chill and do other shit. most of the time Im down to pregame. sometimes I rather chill with my pothead friends and just get blazed as fuck at the crib and freestyle, listen to music, play video games and just chill blazed. other times I like to go out and shit and chill with girls and go to parties and stuff. I rather drink at parties than smoke