Has Obama gone insane? Obama: I didn’t draw the red line on Syria, world did

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Sep 4, 2013.

1. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/09/04/201163/obama-i-didnt-draw-the-red-line.html#.UidQo_nUmM0

Has the man finally lost it? I seem to remember the dufus going on tv "drawing a red line."  I seem to remember that the UN has shot him down on military action on Syria, that the UK shot him down on Syria and that a war in Syria is very very unpopular in the United States. So what the fuck is he talking about? 

• Like Like x 3
  2. I knew before he was even elected into office the first time he wasn't sane. 

• Like Like x 3
    No he has not gone insane. He said that intentionally. You see Obama is a modern man. Alot do not realize how out of touch people are that lead us. McCain till about 2008 did not even own a computer. Most of the archaic leadership are the same. Obama on the other hand is like any tech head, but the thing is he knows his legions of mind zombies only see the 30 second sound bite and reguritate that back as gospel. He takes advantage of the low information voter. The guy who reads all his news by briefly reading head lines on RSS Feeds, or congregate news apps on your iPhone. Its highly effective.

A great example is on his last appearance on Jay Leno. He boldy stated that the US has "no domestic spying" program. Thats all that made the news and he knew it would.

Hes a manipulative narcissist.

• Like Like x 9
  4. He's a tool who made a verbal error.  This whole situation is insane. 

It kinda feels like it's going to blow over tho. 

5. Has he gone insane? Probably not.

Is he a complete fucking liar like most politicians? Absolfuckinutely.

Fuck Obama & the rest of those whores in DC, and FUCK the globalists!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Follow the money trail, to the intent.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 STIGGY, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    Why has no one mention Impeachment?

Rep. Duncan Hunter said Tuesday that President Obama would be breaking the law and even inviting impeachment if he went ahead with strikes on Syria after a congressional rejection.
    “I think he's breaking the law if he strikes without congressional approval,” Mr. Hunter, a California Republican, told The Washington Times. “And if he proceeds without Congress providing that authority, it should be considered an impeachable offense.”
    Mr. Obama this weekend sent Congress a draft resolution authorizing use of force to take out Syria's facilities for weapons of mass destruction, including chemical weapons.
    But the president said he believes he still has authority to strike unilaterally without backing from Congress, and his aides reportedly said they believe he could still act even if Congress voted next week to reject his request for authorization of force.
    Just back from a trip to the Syria-Jordan border last week, Mr. Hunter, who served as a Marine officer in both Iraq and Afghanistan, said he's leaning against granting Mr. Obama's request because he doesn't see evidence the administration has the right objectives in mind.
    “Unless the president's willing to go to war with Syria and send my Marines back in to another country in the region, you don't just fire warning shots, and you don't lob a few missiles and say OK, wipe your hands, job well done, they're deterred,” Mr. Hunter said.
    He said the key to a strike is to devastate Syria's weapons capability - but he also said the U.S. needs to have a long-term strategy in mind too, which involved arming moderate Syrian rebels so they are prepared to hold Damascus when Syrian President Bashar Assad is eventually ousted or leaves.
    “If we're going to authorize the use of force, and we do strike Syria, we need to go all in, 100 percent, hell-bent on setting them back a decade when it comes to their weapons capability, period. There can be no half-measures,” Mr. Hunter said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/3/hunter-obama-inviting-impeachment-strikes-syria/#ixzz2e3n55fIn
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

The optics in removing America's first black President would be supremely rough. To do such you require a "slam dunk" case. Even then it would be difficult.

Syria will not lead to that path. Benghazi, and the IRS scandal will. All Syria is is smoke and mirrors to block that. This month the Benghazi hearings start up again and the IRS. Both are starting to lead to other parts of the government to include the White House.

9. I'm just wondering... who drew the red line in Libya.. how many dead in Syria now?

10. If this whole thing has taught me anything it's that it's not about how many people you kill, it's about how you kill them. Derp.

11. #11 Carne Seca, Sep 6, 2013
     You are misunderstanding his meaning.  The world did draw a red line.  Chemical warfare was banned under the Geneva Protocol after WWI but it only banned the use of chemical weapons.  Then in 1993 the Chemical Weapons Convention was signed and ratified by 189 nations banning the development, production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons.  

The world signed this treaty and is expected to uphold this ban.  Obama is following international law under that treaty. 

• Like Like x 2
  12. I cant wait for the next two weeks. Obama will finally be knee caped and turned into a lame duck not even a year into his Presidency. Its looking like the House will not vote yes for him. That is historic. The Congress usually supports the President in such matters.

Hes betting he can pin the blame so he can retake the House in 2014. I think he has miscalculated. This never was about invading Syria or doing anything. Its smoke and mirrors. Its getting back the House so he can enact his insane agenda in 2014.

His approval ratings are 40-45%, Obamacare sits in the 30's, unemployment figures came out today well it went down because almost 400,000 Americans fell off the payrolls of unemployment. Its a utter disaster of a Presidency. Finally though it will be effectively over.

His monumental ego is about to get the Speakers hammer.

13. #13 Deleted member 472633, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    Try again SYRIA NEVER SIGNED THE TREATY. IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING ON THEM. 

And if so dude the US should have been invaded by the UN or whatever for giving chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein and for using depleted uranium in Iraq, and for using Agent Orange In Vietnam. God we've violated that treaty a ridiculous amount. 

• Like Like x 4
  14. #14 Carne Seca, Sep 6, 2013

Doesn't matter if Syria signed it or not.  The world (189 nations signed it representing 98% of the world's population) has banned the use of chemical weapons.  They are bound to uphold it no matter who uses it.

The Convention was ratified in 1993 and went into effect in 1997.   You do the math. 

no.  42.  :p

So the use of depleted uranium and white phosphorus by the US in fallujah doesn't count? 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    No.

20. #20 TheDankery, Sep 6, 2013
    I believe we have a moral duty to enforce the 100 year-old international norm forbidding CW. In light of this, the US should carry out a few limited, surgical strikes against targets linked to the use of CW by the US regime or its proxies in attacks on Iran, Iraq and Lebanon. However, there will be no boots-on-the-ground.

Targets would include the White House, the Pentagon, the CIA, Bush family compounds and other known US regime facilites. The US must be held accountable and punished for its grave transgressions.

(I'm probably going to be placed into the Disposition Matrix for writing that.)

But seriously, the Obama regime's policies are increasingly isolating the US from the rest of the world. I'm glad to see the American people and the people of the world standing up and rejecting Obama's isolationist, rogue agenda.

\tObama Concedes ‘Hard Sell' at G-20 on Syria Strike 

LOL.

• Like Like x 1