Has nyone used Sprite as fertilizer ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by einir, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Hi, I have heard from people that plants grow VERY well if they add sprite to the water they put on them. I was thinkin, does this work ? Has anyone heard about it? And, what plant do you think would be best for indoor growing in Iceland, what temp would be suitable in celcius ? Thank you.

2. whan I said sprite, I meant the soda.

3. I tryed that once when i had a 14 foot beautiful female.....killed her quick.....only got 4 oz of it when it was supposed to yield 6.....i was pissed.....dont use anything with carbonation unless its in powder form.....the sugar and glucose it what kills the plants....so NO, NO, NO!!! STAY UP

4. ive been hearing alot about adding urine to the nutrients its suposed to have alot of nitrogen in it got one going with it now so far no problems 6 months old indoor

5. I thought about using Sprite because of carbonation when I started growing but I got so many bad comments about it that I decided not to. Instead I use the bottle tops as a greenhouse effect for my seedlings...keeps the soil moist and sterile for the early days.
    Some people might disagree with me on this but I think urine is a great source of nitrogen for marijuana. I used a cup for every gallon of water on my outdoor grow and got great results. I'll probably use it on this indoor grow but in smaller quantities. A lot of people think using your own urine is a cheap way of avoiding to pay for ferts. Urine has such a low amount of nitrogen that it's barely noticeable. I think they're wrong and I'll be using ferts too. I like to think of a grower using their own piss as a conservationalist being resourceful. I'd make sure that you don't let it sit out for too long though because it starts to turn into ammonia. You've been growing indoors for 6 months now? Is it the same batch?! Have you thought about flowering yet?

6. I havent used sprite but ive used things like seltzer water and club soda. Ive heard about putting 7-up into the holders of christmas trees to make 'em last longer, but it shouldnt be carbonated, leave it out all day to flatten the soda THEN do it. Its because of the sugars mainly, but nothing drastic happens if you do or dont use it.

As for carbonation, the CO2 in it is obviousely good for plants BUT the *HUGE* amount of mineral sodium in the drinks (used to make the CO2 bubbles) can actually clog up the stomates and pores of the plant, so the one drink that has very high carbonation but less than half of the sodium and that I have used with fair amount of success(especially if youre growing location is somewhat small and you need to make sure your plant gets enough CO2)would be the seltzer water, if you drink it and then drink club soda theyre the exact same thing youd think, but seltzer water has a fraction of the sodium used in the making proccess(and its less than a buck usually for a six pack).

good luck

7. Thx for the info

I used Shweppes Tonic Water and Club Soda mixed with distilled water when I 1st started indoors. The carbonated water and potassium sulfate in these might help the plants but it's not worth it since they have too much sugar (high fructose...) and salts (sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride). The tonic water also contains quinine which I'm not sure about.
    I've heard of people using Sprite or 7Up when they take their cuttings (made cut in the drink so air didn't escape). It was a last result since they didn't have rooting hormone. I wouldn't use it watering my plants though. Instead I would drink SoBe, Lipton's, and Arizona. Then when I wake up the next day I water my plants with whatever comes out. Don't tell your friends what they're smoking though...trust me! hehe

8. lol, whatever floats your boat dude, or shall I say whatever makes the plants grow...

9. YEA ITS STARTING TO FLOWER EVERYWHERE IT POSSIBLY CAN IVE ONLY TRIED IT ON ONE SO FAR THE OTHER ONES I USED PETERS 20/20/20 THEN PETERS AFRICAN VIOLET WITH EXCELLENT RESUTLS

IM NOT AS THINK AS YOU STONED I AM