Has my plant turned herm?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hi11b, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Worried she turned herm...first time grow and I'm hoping you guys tell me they're just swollen calyx's ...I pulled a few off with tweezers and opened them up. That's what the last photos are of

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447792659.822331.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447792680.674619.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447792743.918496.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447792783.320636.jpg

This is what was deep within the "calyx" I pulled off
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447792805.840390.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like a va-jay-jay to me.

3. I thought so too...kind of really disappointed in the lack of response...seems like a solid community of everyone helping each other out but I guess not this time! Thanks anyway guys...Google to the rescue

4. I think those are swollen calyxs, there was the exact same thread about this yesterday and that's what it turned out to be.

5. Thats a seed dude

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6. Should I cut them all off? can't find any nanners anywhere...

7. Im not sure.

8. Once again, not an expert, but from what I've gathered, I don't think removing the seeds will do you any good. It'd just be a lot of work for a plant that's not going to produce any flowers, and hence not producing buds. And, if you leave it in with your female plants, it will pollinate them so that they don't produce flowers either. Best thing to do is cut it down and make butter or hash or something like that out of it.

9. I dont know wtf is going on... I mean what could have pollinated for starters?? Looks really weird

10. It could have pollinated itself if it truly is a hermie

11. It's the only plant in the closet, no males around...and I cannot find any nanners...

here's the main cola ...appears to be very normal and no seeds/really swollen calyx's

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447975100.127780.jpg

But the colas next to it have those suspicious calyx's/seeds
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447975136.697887.jpg

I have no idea what's going on...

12. I just pulled another one off and squeezed it and this came out....looks like what id expect to find in a seed...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447975483.313828.jpg

What should I do? Should I let nature take its course or cut it down now before more seeds show up?

13. I'd let it finish and you'll have a good amount of seeds for your next grow, if you only have one plant and yor this far in might as well let it finish, you'll still get bud just not as much.

14. Thanks for the reply man!
    Won't the seeds carry the shitty gene that made it herm?

15. If it turned a sexual you would see yellow pollinated spots on your leaves you can do this by stressing out the plant doesn't have to have a male around theres my two sense

16. And yes they could carry shitty genetics

17. So essentially a plant can 2 different types of herm? One that actually shows both pistils and balls and the other variety being a female that has become pollinated?

18. It can go as far as being A sexual pollinating itself

19. Do these spots have anything to do with it? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448042370.144622.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448042382.878171.jpg

20. Looks like mites my friend and yes they could cause stress to make something herm