Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Has Grasscity always been this dead?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EnergySausage, Jun 7, 2012.

1. #1 EnergySausage, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    Stopped going on this site for a few months and just recently came back to post regularly in the last few weeks. Seems that hardly any new, interesting threads are made these days and when they are, they only get to around 2 pages or so before dieing. Also threads made one day are still on the front page a few days later, even if they only have 5 replies or so....

whats the go, has it always been this dead? i remember it being more alive:(

2. i think it has something to do with how they changed the layout.

for example, apprentice is now a sub-forum of Tokers Q&A etc.

i could be wrong though. i do like the new format but you're right, some forums are quieter than they used to be.

happy toking :bongin:

3. Do you visit all the different areas of the forum?

Use the "New Posts" link. It's on the same bar as "User CP", but toward the middle-right. It'll show you all the new shit going on.

GC keeps going up in the Big-Boards ratings. It's not dead, but Apprentice Tokers might be a little less active since they added the Tokers Q&A forum and this stopped being a catch-all chat area for people who didn't bother to post in the correct places. :p

4. Thanks man will use that new posts thing. Also yeah i do go on the other forums (subforums?) aswell, everything has seemed much quieter lately.

5. it's good that apprentice isn't just the place where people post all their random shit anymore.

when i'm on GC i usually have three tabs open; User CP, New Posts, and a specific section i feel like reading that day (usually apprentice, real life stories or one of the toking tools) and then i open threads in new tabs from there :)

6. I do agree that the topics aren't always as interesting as they were a few months ago. But everything has its ups and downs. I still Love Grasscity and all the blades, though.

7. yeah it seems to need CPR or something
    nah but it seems less threads are being created and its the same ones hanging around

8. i would assume a lot of college kids are home and messing around not being in school. i would think this site would slow down during summer

9. high School

10. Junior high

1 month till all the bored tweenies surf the internet all day.:hide:

11. They are already here just look at the magic flight launch box appreciation thread

12. I have been saying for a while that [interesting] activity on GC tends to follow a sort of sine curve.

Things will pick up eventually. After that, activity will again fall.

Just ask anyone who has been here for a while. This place is always changing.

13. there are also time zone differences, so when you are asleep, there may be people on the opposite side of the world on their computer chilling.

but really i dont know how you can say its dead, there are so many posts per day...

i mean shit, it is the middle of they day when most people arent even on and there is:

Currently Active Users: 2200 (352 members and 1848 guests)

14. ive been a mod on a lot of forums before. they all go through ups and downs. this is totally normal