Has cannabis given you a deeper appreciation of music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Chillumss, Dec 20, 2010.

1. I'd say before i started smoking, i was always still a music guy. I loved music, but i now consider music an integral part of my life. I strongly believe it is shaping who i am. I have almost cried during the song Train Song by Phish because how amazing it was while high. I was just thinking about life in general. Music is the greatest gift i could have found, and cannabis has made me appreciate things more in general. How about you guys?

2. i used to not like rock at all. than i started smoking and i love rock. im not sure why

3. DEFINITELY. You have no idea how much I agree with you. It's kind of like you're elevated to a state of consciousness where music is just this other element that you've never seen before... like a new kind of water or fire or something and you just want to marvel at it and take it in and feel it. There are some songs where it's literally painful for me to listen to them because they are SO. FUCKING. GOOD. It's almost unbelievable that the human mind constructs these perfect songs... I can't wrap my mind around that kind of brilliance. It just amazes me. Music is everything.. universal.

4. totally agree with everything you said. i don't understand how some people don't appreciate music as much as i do. it's one of the most beautiful things man created. i'm only 18, and music means that much to me that i wanna find a career having to do with it.

5. + rep for the Jimi love ;)

6. Weed definitely made me appreciate music much more. I'd go as far as saying the greatest creation of mankind is music. It's mind boggling when I come across people who don't appreciate music.

7. Oh for sure. I'd even say that weed is worth doing JUST because of what it does to music

8. Ye, and I love the fact I have urges to listen to the most random things, and they always sound great.

9. It's definitely changed my views of music. I loved music before starting to smoke up about 3 months ago. But now I absolutely adore music. Just last night I downloaded about 3GB of music. 5 Beatles albums, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Kinks, Michael Jackson etc etc.

Weed wins.

I'm actually gonna buy a really nice pair of headphones after Xmas so I can truly enjoy music.

10. Absolutely Agree. Techno and Trance to the Boston Philharmonic.. Johnny Cash to Eminem.. Delta Blues to 'Glee'

even rap.

11. Cannabis makes me feel music. I feel connected to the artist, to the experience being described in the music. It's the most beautiful thing ever. The height of mankind for sure.

I feel like everyday speech is inefficient in conveying our thoughts and emotions. Music is a catalyst for improving this (in fact, all art is). Art is the method to convey emotions so complex that mere words cannot suffice.

I could rant on and on, but I think you guys get the point.

12. Love the avatar of Louis C.K. Fucking hilarious. All good responses guys.

13. weed liberates musical genres, eleminates classification and opens your mind to new wonderous sounds:smoke:

14. I only liked metal before i smoked, now I like many genres :hello:

15. Music plays a huge part of my life now that I'm smoking. I feel the same as all you blades. Pot definitely got me into heavier rock/metal, but I've learned to appreciate the talent of almost all types of music.

A few years back, me and a good friend would smoke every morning after working (3rd shift), and most mornings we wouldn't do much BUT listen to music.

16. fuck man ain't nothing like making music while high. nothing can beat that.

17. Music is my life...without it, i wouldn't even be me.

18. Now that I think about it, life wouldn't be the same without music. It has gotten me through more shit then pot and alcohol combined lol.

19. Nope, it hasnt, pure and honest. Its certainly helped me broaden my horizons a bit but music was always a big part of my family and my life growing up that I already had that appreciation by the time I started smoking.

20. ive had music in my life as long as i can remember.
    both my parents teach music and ive played an instrument since i could be trusted to hold one.
    i used to stay up late with my boom box on under the covers and record everything on the radio that i could onto mixed tapes.
    music has been an essential part of my being my whole life. when i started smoking i matured drastically in my musical tastes and listening skills. i was able to actually sit down and give a song my full attention and concentration feeling each note within my whole being. the herb has absolutely given me a deeper appreciation for music, but more so a matured taste in music.