Has Buddha Returned??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by dankydankk, Nov 26, 2012.

1. #1 dankydankk, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    Have you guys heard of Buddha boy? He's a young man from Nepal who is said to have meditated for 6 years straight as a child and is claimed to have reached enlightenment.

He iis said to have fasted for 3months straight, and the discover channel even made a documentary on him while he was a child still, they recorded him meditating I believe 96hours straight.
    He didn't have any food or water during the entire time.

Here's an article from Wikipedia on him:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Bahadur_Bomjon#section_9

Ram (Buddha boy) has said he hasnt reached the energy of Buddha yet,

But do you theist out there think this Guy can be legit? Even from an atheistic sstandpoint, if this dude somehow learned to control aand slow his metabolism and body functions down to a point where he can go months without food, it could have a big impact on our health. Imagine if we could slow our metabolic rate even a quarter of what Ram has..that would be huge for human development/evolution

I should alao note, He's been reported to have held people hostage and woop peoples asses who disturb his meditation,

2. Oh shit thats amazing

3. Why would you want a slower metabolic rate? I mean, I'm gonna do some research on my own now, but right now I don't understand how a nation with obesity problems like America has would react to...eating less...lol, man we live in a ridiculous period of time. I mean, people are starving...now its not funny...damnit...:hippie:

4. Exactly people who starve in the world, if they only had to eat once in a few days they probably wouldn't starve in the same numbers and would probably be healthier

5. This is why he is not a Buddha.

'The Buddha' is a misnomer... in fact, the term Buddha existed before Siddhartha Gautama was even born. Buddha means awakened one. Plus, reincarnation isn't real in such a sense as there is no individual self seperate from the whole that can die in the first place.

6. interesting.

7. what kind of enlightened guy goes around smacking people

8. ^This kind...

Nothing Exists

But of course, this strike is not out of anger like "Buddha Boy's." It's to teach a lesson...

9. Do you have a source that this kid beats up people? I just took it as an ironic joke.

10. i highly highly doubt thats true..if he hasn't moved, how could he hold people hostage let alone beat them up.

11. #12 Perpetual Burn, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    ^How do you know he hasn't moved?

What's more likely, a kid hitting people out of anger, or a kid sitting still for months on end? :wave:

I've heard of this kid before and that he strikes people for 'disturbing his meditation.' And if the quote, 'there is no peace here' is true, then he is not enlightened...

12. #14 dankydankk, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    [quote name='"Perpetual Burn"']
    This is why he is not a Buddha.

'The Buddha' is a misnomer... in fact, the term Buddha existed before Siddhartha Gautama was even born. Buddha means awakened one. Plus, reincarnation isn't real in such a sense as there is no individual self seperate from the whole that can die in the first place.[/quote]

This is only of one side. self to me is all, and all is forever. While the body dies, the soul, and true self exist forever as all. Just as I am, We are each God.

13. [quote name='"nolastnamex"']

i highly highly doubt thats true..if he hasn't moved, how could he hold people hostage let alone beat them up.[/quote]

He meditated 6years straight in his child years. He only fasted for 3months of that, he definitely moves around when he wishes too.

He has some followers and I believe he spends most of his day meditating and speaking with others helping them spiritually.

But yes, he really does kick ass, ill post sources in a minute

14. Here's the article:
    BBC News - Nepal's 'Buddha boy' investigated for attacking group
    Can you explain this? I have no idea what you are talking about.

15. Besides, someone who is "enlightened" is liberated from the cyclic events of reincarnation.

16. [quote name='"Kramer"']

Besides, someone who is "enlightened" is liberated from the cyclic events of reincarnation.[/quote]

That's an opinion, I agree with it, but its an opinion.

I also think at the same time though that reincarnation of Buddha would not be the same as others. The coming of Buddha is to help others reach enlightenment, while The point of a normal rebirth is for the self to reach that stage.

Buddha is always returning, I don't think you can definitely say its impossible now

17. #20 Perpetual Burn, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Nah, enlightenment is not an opinion...

Kramer's post would be more accurate if he said, "Enlightenment is the realization that one is already liberated from the cyclic events of reincarnation." Reincarnation, Life and Death are illusory.

There is no coming or going of Buddha... coming and going are dualistic notions. Enlightenment is realization of non-duality. One can only realize what already is. :wave: