Has anyone seen The Machinist?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brahski, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Fucking awesome movie, reminded me a lot of A Beautiful Mind, and had the eeriness of The Shining.

Brilliant fuckin' movie.

2. Yeah, I think it was the same director as Requiem for a Dream.

3. its even better if you work in a factory with those kinds of machines :smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0fuHY4U1UA]YouTube - The Machinist trailer[/ame]

4. Hellz yeah, one of Christian Bale's best movies.

5. love it. been into a lot of dark/thriller movies, lately.

6. I've seen it. Forgot the ending, but I think Christian was great in it.

7. I remember it purely because of how freakishly skinny Bale became for that movie.

[​IMG]

8. It's on netflix. I might have to check it out. I've heard good things.

9. yeah it was fucking sick, he did batman a year after too

10. I think there are much better pyschological thrillers out there

11. What's crazy is I'm at one of his low weights, and I'm as tall if not taller, but I don't look that grotesque. Those pictures made me originally want to watch it.

12. Hmmm I have in on my instant qeue on netflix, started watching it but fell aseep it started off kind of slow though so did it speed up and get good or just a whole bunch of alking an figuring things out.???

13. ^This and it mirrored Fight Club too much in a less thrilling copycat sorta way. And it was directed by Brad Anderson not Darren Aronofsky.

14. OH I loved that movie.. hadn't laughed that hard in a long time..

didn't ever figure Christian Bale to be a good comedian, but he wow'd me in this hilarious video.

15. Great movie....and I don't Androfsky

16. Great movie.
    One of Bale's best....its amazing how quick he lost the weight...then gaining it all back plus 60 lbs for Batman Begins in something like 6 weeks.

Wtf @ all the double posts......my bad