Has anyone scrogged a mainline/Manifold?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Phoenixman21, Dec 2, 2018.

1. I just topped my plant to get my 8 mains in my Manifold 2 days ago and I am curious if anyone has scrogged a Manifold? If so, does it make a difference? Maybe it's a waste of time. I don't know. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried this. If not I might do it just to see what happens.

2. Waste of time. You get 8 even colas. No need to scrog

3. FWIW I tried on my first grow, with indifferent success at best. In the end I got rid of the scrog. But I think it didn't work for me because I waited to long to start training the plants. I have seen many scrog setups on mainlined plants that worked great, particularly on dwc hydroponic setups.

Instead of scrogging this grow, I have been supplementing the regular nutes with potassium silicate to strengthen the stems and roots. I'm almost 4 weeks through flower, and so far no problems with bud weight, but of course the flowers haven't really fattened up much yet. Still, early indicators look good. The skeletal structure of the plants is robust, and nothing looks even slightly strained.

Of course by not scrogging I'm probably giving up a certain amount of yield.

4. I’ve never seen anyone scrog a mainline. It defeats the purpose. You might be thinking of LST and scrog

5. I feel like your absolutely right soil2coco. However, maybe I'm misunderstanding a part of the Manifolding process cause I feel like as it grows up the plant will still branch out. Which is how we end up with 8 or 16 mains to begin with. Do you pull the new branches off as they grow in order to maintain just 8 colas? This is how I got to thinking about Scrogging a Manifold but I'm sure I'm not grasping the whole picture just yet.

6. Mainlining involves topping and trimming to equal mains. Then you just let the mains grow vertical. All the trainings done in veg and smooth sailing in flower. Usually it's LST and scrog. I usually too clones once and they get super bushy. I’m trying the mainline this time and it’s so slow because of all the topping and pruning

068575DA-FAED-470E-91BF-8B55A44B9EC2.jpeg 2D502F41-1BAB-4C97-BA51-12F38CDAE57C.jpeg

7. Oh yeah. You're right. I did start by topping to create the mainline, but I then LST'd the shit out of the plant. I didn't realize the two were mutually exclusive.

• Like Like x 1