Has anyone made their own pots?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by squirrelz, Feb 22, 2007.

1. :wave:So yeah, I'm almost done with my grow cab (1'W x 3'L x 2.5'H) and I'm coming to the point where I need my pots. I need three of 'em. One for my mother chamber (1'W x 1'L x 2.5'H) and the other two for the flowering chamber (1'W x 2'L x 2.5'H). The pot size I'm aiming for is 12" x 12" x 6" but I can't seem to find that size anywhere. I need to really maximize the vertical space of my cab because I plan on doing a ScrOG. The closest container I've come across online is 11" x 11" x 7" but it was a mesh pot for a hydro setup but I plan on going organic/soil.

Since I'm going to need them soon, I was wondering if I should just DIY. So does anyone know of some good materials to make them out of and where to purchase? Oh and I tried the search feature, couldn't find much on the topic.

Please GC, I need your input! ;)

2. go to wal-mart or Target and look at the plastic wastebaskets. They come in all sizes and are easy to cut down to the height you want. Mine are 9 quarts and about 14"h 12" x 6" wide. They cost $1.44 at wal-mart. If you have an Ikea by you they'll have even more sizes. Dont forget to put some drain holes in!