Has anyone here used "Sure To Grow" media inserts?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hammered, Feb 22, 2010.

1. I need to know if anyone here has ever used sure to grow inserts in there hydro set ups.. I just ordered 12 , 6in. inserts to go in 6in. net pots that Im going to be using in D.W.C. bubble syastems... I also got some 5in. neoprene insert covers to go on top of the sure to grow inserts.. I couldnt find any 6in. neoprene inserts anywhere..

I need to know the pro's and con's of this sure to grow media so I will know what to expect before any problems occur and know how to fix them... Here is a link to it, Sure To Grow Inserts - Tornado 6" x 4.75" Cylinder - Pack of 6

Thanx!

2. Got my STG inserts and planted a "S.A.D. from Sweet Seeds" sprout that I started In a rapid rooter plug into the insert... The sprout was doing great untill I planted it into the STG insert. It started drooping really bad and turned a light color green... The STG inserts are white and looks like a dense cotton.. Light can penetrate the inserts, which is not to good for the roots.. The top of the insert was really dry but the bottom was drenched with water... I said to hell with the STG hype and took my sprout out of that crap and put it in a 3x3 rosckwool cube and now its trying to bouce back... Hopfully it will pull threw..
    And thats my story with the Sure To Grow Inserts...:cool:

3. I can not stress enough how bad of problems i have had with this stuff. From the rooter cubes that would not let the seedling pop through because the canopy of the plug is to rigid.To the deluge insert one piece that doesn't let roots properly grow and holds way to much water and doesn't wick out of my bucket system.I also tried the pellets because the hydro shop didn't have enough inserts for my project. That crap is even worse and its an algae manufacturing nightmare. Avoid this stuff like the plague. The only thing i can say is that it hold it's PH well and doesn't sway. Perhaps the smaller inserts in a spray stem might work but i've wasted mongo money on this and im not Happy at all. Heed my warning .Or try it yourself and see what i mean. Hydroton is the way to go . Wash it and reuse , way more cost effective!!!!