Has anyone here tried P90x?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by ffred, Apr 29, 2009.

1. I had originally heard about this a while ago but was watching TV yesterday and saw a commercial for it. I've let myself get out of shape over the long winter and would like to get in shape over the summer and have heard this really kicks your ass, so I found the program online and downloaded it. I'd like to start in early-mid May, as soon as summer begins.

Does anyone have any experience with the P90x routine? How was/is it and would you recommend committing three months to this exercise plan or are there better alternatives for overall fitness.

2. I know someone who has...I actually think it would work for an average person looking to get into "Good shape". Don't expect to get hyoogeeee. But how effective it is, is going to depend a lot on your diet.

3. I plan on starting it very shortly as well, I wouldn't recommend it if your just looking to get big. I have a small layer of fat that I want to get rid of to get shredded, so thats my reasoning behind it. However, if you complete the 90 day workout with the right diet, you will get great results regardless. If your looking to get big defiantly start eating a lot too.

4. word, i have been weight lifting for 5 years now. not looking to get big, im strong enough.

i just have a sandbag around my waist that id like to get out. i was looking into this, but am hesistant. would be good to see what people think of it.

5. I downloaded it too, been procrastinating on starting because I know when I do I gotta stick to it. I have a lot of muscle built up from years of sports and hitting the gym so I just need to cut the fat.

6. #6 matteothefart, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
    don't let these fab workout programs on tv fool you...

don't underestimate you body either...

people think its impossible to lose weight and all that, unless you have a serious thyroid condition then its not impossible...

cardio and weight lifting will help you lose more fat, and gain more lean weight then that stupid dvd set...

its cheaper to run around the block, and its better and more educating to join a gym..

edit:

rippetoes starting strength is loads better then p90x and guess what???

its free!

7. #7 Mr.budcollector, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
    ^ agreed. All these workout program fads are silly imho. If you just read online and learn as much as you can you can format workouts and nutrition plans 10x better than any p90x bs will give you. Im sure it works but its designed to hook people who know nothing about fitness. I know someone who tried it out and yeah it works well for general fitness if your used to just sitting around, its basic cardio/plyo/calisthenics and shit but why the hell would you pay for someone to teach you all this crap when you can learn yourself 4 free and then LEARN even beyond that. dont buy it bro! buy a book instead or just go online!