has anyone grown these strains outdoors:

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by plumman, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Hey all. I want to plant my first guerilla garden(s) this May. I am in the hot south, so heat is an issue. Hunters are even a bigger issue. If I grow, I have to get the plants out of the woods like first week of October at the latest. After tons of research, here are my favorite strains that I would like to hear more information on: Kaya gold, Next Generation genetics early blueberry, and C99.
    which is the most forgiving? Most yield? Which one is biggest? smallest?

Let me hear what ya know. I can read strain descriptions all day on seed bank websites, but it just isn't the same hearing info from people (non commercial breeders) who have grown it.

2. Look at something like an Early Pearl...finished up for me early September near Rockford, Illinois. Early Pearl is 75% sativa! with a mindblowing, soaring party high, :smoking: and gives up some very good yields to boot. A very pure strain sativa that is also good for breeding with longer flowering strains, in order to reduce the flowering times.

Durban Poison...finished September 1 in Chicago with indica-like chunky buds that had the high of a Haze plant. Durban Poison is 90% sativa, almost pure, and is actually dangerous, :eek: :cry: just like Haze, for an inexperienced smoker. The yield was also decent. Plants grown for 100 days, in 5 gallon pots, organic style, yielded a quarter pound apiece, give or take a half ounce. Started from seed, on May 15th, in the 5 gallon buckets. Do not forget to drill drain holes in these buckets, or else a heavy rainsorm will top them off with water, drowning your plants. Lost 3 beautiful Durbans that way when I was a newbie grower!

Both of these strains will finish well before your hunting season starts. The farther south that a strain is grown, the earlier that it flowers and finishes.

These two strains have kinda been "forgotten" by the guerilla growers of today. A lot of these guys go for the latest and the most hyped strains, but even some of the best strains of todays growing scene are no match for a couple of bong hits of either Durban or Early Pearl. THESE ARE ALMOST PURE SATIVAS...IMAGINE THAT!

The genetics fron the Sensi Seed Bank are the best, at least when it comes to these two strains. This is because Sensi Seeds bought out Neville, at the Seed Bank, in 1991, and Neville had the best Durban genetics available when he was in business. Other seed banks advertised Durban back then, but they usually ended up with very loose, runny buds.

Sensi is more expensive, but the results in the end will make the initial cost seem like nothing!

Have you ever thought of moving into the swamps in order to hide the gardens better from the hunters?

Good Luck

Vinnie Kaz

3. I appreciate the very helpful and seemingly accurate information. I did not realize that plants flower quicker in hotter climates. I will definitely check out the Early Pearl. I have looked at Durban, but cannot find feminized seeds. I really prefer feminized.
    I have heard that Durban takes a lot longer to flower... maybe this was a different genetic or something. So your durban from sensi seeds finished september 1st?

Thank you also for the seed bank pointer. I have already heard good things about sensi seeds. Having checked the site out, I am now pretty confident that I will get my seeds there.

I have thought about the swamps. The only problem is that I cannot use buckets. I plan on going to the site like once a week. I know that if I were to use buckets, I would have to water the plants much more often. I have to find my spot fairly soon so I can get my soil prepped. I plan on using sub cool's super soil method. :)

4. Definitely check out the Dutch Passion Durban Poisons, they are an awesome sativa to grow at high latitudes, and the Attitude has fems :smoke:
    I also recommend Nirvana's Pure Power Plant, and FMS Easy Sativa, plus FMS Purple Maroc. These are all awesome outdoor growing plants. I say stick with what works!:wave::smoke:
    Good luck bro!