Has anyone got pics of seeded buds. ?NUMBNUTTS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Numbnutts, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Had a hermie in the garden and it pollinated itself pretty badly. But I've only found about three other seeds on any of the other plants I killed and removed her she hermied in week five.
    What I would like to see is pictures of pollinated buds. Maybe something happens that tells you she's been pollinated. And I know the obvious seeds grow answer. But I'm not finding seeds but I'm pnoid I will in the future they're close to seek six now.
    Thanks anyone who can help

2. Pollinated calyxes will swell and the hair will change color and fall off prematurely.

3. Here's a vid of the plants this'll help maybe y'all can tell.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spc0xjluqTo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Help a brother out - YouTube[/ame]

4. Bump pics now included

5. #5 morange, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    If a calyx is pollinated the hairs will change to amber and retract regardless of how mature the plant is, so if you have 80%+ white pistils still, you should check for any changing ones early. Also sometimes when they swell the calyx will split due to the size of the premature seed.

It's a lot easier to spot a pollinated bud earlier on in flowering though, just look for the amber hairs that shouldn't be showing up at it's age.

EDIT: looking at the video, at that point it should be pretty clear how seeded it gets. Especially the lowest bud sites that turn out as popcorn buds you would see the seed clusters. You will probably have a few stray seeds randomly throughout your plants. I've had an occasional seed or two in some of my fully female plants from old pollen. It didn't have any noticeable effect on such a small scale though, It wasn't a big deal at all mainly sensimilla.

Here's a picture of a 100% female emerald jack plant I grew a while ago, check out the bottom left of the bud you can see a single seed poking out. There was 2 seeds in the whole plant, and I didn't have any detrimental effects towards the potency or yield as far as I can tell.

2nd picture is the plant that was right next to it, check out the tiny budsites on the bottom you can see the clusters of swelled calyxs easily next to the normal ones.

6. Thanks brother I just searched so hard and found about five seeds if that. On the one I killed the entire bottom small popcorns were all seeds . I just want perfect tops ya know.

Thanks