Has anyone ever used "super soil"? No Nutes needed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowMom, Jan 5, 2017.

1. I saw this article on growweedeasy.com, and was wondering if anyone has experience using it??

Kind Soil "Hot Soil"

"Don't want to use nutrients at all? Learn how to compost your own soil or buy super premade soil online! You just need to add water, and as an added bonus, with composted super soil you don't need to worry about maintaining your pH. Instead, the composting process develops a colony of microorganisms in your soil that will automatically take care of the pH for your plants (like in nature), while slowly providing nutrients on demand. Super soil compost has been amended so no additional nutrients are needed. Just add water!

2. Check out the organic section, lots of stickies about making water only soil. No Till Revisited and Easy Organic Soil Mix For Beginners are good places to start.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Save yourself a lot of hassle and money and time. Buy Roots Organics Original. I've been using it for several years now and use no nutes at all. Nutes are just plant food and this soil is specifically designed to grow MJ plants and will support them nutritionally for weeks at a time with only water and light. Nutes are not the most important thing to an indoor grow. That would be light. You can pour chemicals into plants all day long and just get burned plants. These are fast cycling to start with so a good formulated grow soil can easily support a plant through veg and flower by simply repotting the plant into fresh soil when it uses up the nutrients from first potting plant in the container. If your plant is that nice blue/green shade we associate with a healthy MJ plant, your plant doesn't need fed. When the coloration of the NEW GROWTH begins to looked washed out and a more yellow/green, that's a good sign your plant is hungry. So stop worrying about nutes and spend your time and money on good lighting for the flower cycle. Each individual plant needs adequate wattage without being crowded out by other plants for the sake of flowering "more." You will harvest more from a single plant that gets adequate lighting and is tended properly throughout it's life than you will by trying to flower 3 in the same spot. The lighting you have for flower should determine how many plants you attempt to flower. I realized that by flowering less plants under stronger lighting it upped my yield considerably. We run 4,1000 watt HPS fixtures for flower and flower 2 plants per light. This has gotten our yields to between 3.5 and 4 oz. after dry and cure to date. I'm sure I could get more, but considering what I was getting in the beginning several years ago, I'm pretty happy with that. LOL Read up on how to tend a plant and keep it happy and healthy because a healthy plant in combination with good lighting in flower is the key to a good harvest. Best of luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is this all you post? And at 3.5-4 oz @ 2000 watts? You are straight losing money.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sorry 4000 watts!!!!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. It IS all TWW posts lol - end it doesn't even matter what the question is… LOL

Man...

J

• Like Like x 5
  7. Thank you guys!! I have actually decided to go with half roots organic and half happy frog.

8. If you're interested in doing this for any length of time at all read here instead of using lower quality store bought bagged soil.

No-Till Gardening: Revisited

J

• Like Like x 2
  9. You've been using roots organic and no nutes for years? What happened to the powdered nutes you were pushing not too long ago? Bragging about it being a complete line of blah blah blah?

You must throw away alot of soil just using roots alone. Shit don't last for the long haul. Do you top dress? Teas? Or just wastefully toss it at the end of the grow? Requiring buying an over priced bagged soil over and over?

Any pics of your grow?

• Like Like x 2
  10. You'll never get a response from this woman.

"Nutes are just plant food"

I don't even know what that means .
    J

• Like Like x 3
  11. I know but I like asking. She does say some odd things. It's all good I'm used to women ignoring me

• Like Like x 2
  12. In her other posts around GrassCity she says it's up to 4 oz per plant under 1,000w HID. With 2 plants under 1 light. So that makes it a total of 8oz per 1,000w light that works out to be a shameful .226grams per watt ratio! She would be better off with CFL's!

13. After SEVERAL years of growing you are still only getting 8oz max per 1,000w of HID. That yield is so very poor yet you come on here ranting about how "cheapo LED's" are junk.That a grower needs at least 1,000w of HID to flower. About how "lights are everything", "nutes are nothing but plant food". Jesus Christ please stop posting advice to new growers until you fully understand the process yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The question I will ask is why are you looking at a "super soil", a "no nutes needed soil"? Is it a personal preference where you are looking for an organic grow or are you hoping for a less complicated grow with not having to deal with different nutrients and the complications that come along it them in a soil type grow?

15. It's nice to just keep your soil with plain ol' tap water and no need to ever check pH or flush etc

There is, however a huge difference between an actual organic (living) soil garden and Super soil (NPK) gardening.

16. I decided to just go with my first choice of half happy frog and half roots organics mixed with some perlite.

17. Good choice. RO & HF are 2 great soils. U can always test this n make your own later. It's more of an investment to mix yourself. I am using ROwith some added stuff but stuff already in it so this way I'm not really altering the recipe. Just making sure my plants are covered!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. Plus some mixes need to cook... the RO will give you something for the mean time in between time.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #19 GrowMom, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    oops, didnt mean to type this~ now cant see where to delete it, doh!