Has anyone ever used Clearasil?

Discussion in 'General' started by JerrySunfilled, Sep 5, 2011.

1. does it work? i'm trying to cure my acne with some otc products.

i'm using clearasil daily face wash (salicylic acid)
    and clean and clear benzoyl peroxide gel max strength

anyone else share their experience?

2. otc products work for a bit then stop working so you go back and buy more of it. if they actually cured acne they would lose money. get accutane, i used it with no ill effects and my severe acne is completely gone.

and yes i have used clearasil specifically along with every other acne otc product to no avail

3. i just use soap and water. gets the job done.

4. No personal experience, but two of my kids had good success with this:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00070QF20/ref=wms_ohs_product_img_T2]Amazon.com: AcneFree Clear Skin System, 3-Step Kit (Purifying Cleanser, Renewing Toner, Repair Lotion): Beauty[/ame]

5. I hear a way to get rid of acne, is to lay a freshly washed towel on your pillow when you sleep at night.

Give it a try.

6. Vagisil works wonders for me.

But really I went to my doctor and got a script for Clindamycin. Put in on twice a day and works wonders. As for OTC I used to use Clearasil and it didnt do much for me. Maybe Nuetrogena...

7. i just went to a dermatologist got presribed face wash and costed me like 15

8. 3 months of accutance, some dry lips during that time, no more acne. and the best bit: it was free.

9. Just so you know Accutane has been recalled because of shit like this

Accutane is reported to inhibit oil glands as well as cell growth. It is also known to affect reproduction and cause gastrointestinal complications. But besides that, after several months of usage, Accutane is known to clear up severe acne problems: in fact, it can deplete the molecules of the body which hold water. This way, your skin, scalp, eyes and joints are kept well lubricated.
    Though this is a good thing, harsh side effects include Alopecia, weak skin, suicidal tendencies, birth defects, liver damage, bone loss and lowered blood count among others.
    Accutane and Gastrointestinal complications
    Accutane is also linked to gastrointestinal complications such as the IBD or Inflamatory Bowel Disease, Crohn's Disease and the Ulcerative Colitis. There are also indicated incidences of drastic surgical treatment as a result of the Accutane treatment. This includes the removal of certain parts of the rectum and colon. Though the adverse effects can take about several years before they start showing up, the severity can also vary. For this reason getting an experienced Accutane lawyer for filing an Accutane lawsuit is vital.
    Other serious side effects include problems in the esophagus, liver, lower bowels and pancreas. So if there is severe pain in any of these areas and if you've been using this kind of drug, it may be a sign of organ damage. Symptoms include dark urine, bleeding from the rectum, heartburn, diarrhea and more. Do not hesitate to ask your doctor for a diagnosis.

Dont use Accutane :cool:

10. #10 purrplee, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    LOL
    But it was freeeee

11. Yes and it made me break out. I use this stuff called Severe Acne, it can be bought at any drug store. It works AMAZING! They have this cream that fades away scars from acne. I used it for a month before my wedding and it evened out my skin, try it yo.

P.S.

I don't work for Severe Acne :p

12. I've tried Pro Activ,it works (doesn't clear acne but lowers redness and keeps more from coming) as long as you use it but i don't have the money to constantly buy more.

I'm in the market to find something better and more affordable too,otc stuff doesn't work much for me.

13. if it's just one large spot, i usually put a little bit of toothpaste on it before i go to bed, and try not to touch my pillow before i nod off, it dries out the spot and it always works pretty well overnight for me :)

14. This shit works wonders for me..
    its generic brand, and works better than name brand.... has more scrubbing beads in it
    started using it 3 years ago, acne free since.

[​IMG]

15. my combo seems to be working. my acne spots are fading

16. There's a lot of hype surrounding the side effects of Accutane. Being a cannabis enthusiast you should understand that kind of hype exist for many drugs. Most of it is lies. No one killed themselves from taking Accutane, and every drug has side effects, it's the statistical chance of one occurring which matters. There's a statistical chance of developing mental health problems from cannabis, but we all know that this is very uncommon, but often blown out of proportion by the media. Accutane has had the same hype affect it. Honestly I wish people would stop trying to discourage the use of it, are you a dermatologist? No, so don't claim to know what the drug does. Most of these side effects are 1 in 10,000 people.

Try looking at the side effects on the back of aspirin sometime, or read about the dangers of alcohol. Any substance can cause problems, but most of the time the good effects outweigh the negative. I used Accutane without any problems, I was told I would have sore joints, regardless I continued to practise Olympic weightlifting, and never felt any problems.

It's all hype, don't subscribe to it. Accutane can help people

17. Clearasil daily face wash + acne treatment cream does the trick for me.

18. why was accutane discontinued in the us?

19. #19 Ska, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    Try changing your diet, I found that my acne and bacne was triggered by sugar (cookies, cake, soda). Once I cut that out with maybe a rare treat, my acne never came back. It may be different for you, but try experimenting with your diet. Also drink lots of water.

A friend of mine used to take zinc to help his acne, and he said that it's helped him a lot. Those creams never seem(ed) to do shit for me or anybody else I know. I think I tried clearasil and proactive.

If all else fails there's always accutane, which like kills your skin (literally). I don't know why you would do that to yourself though.

Edit: I'm probably just ignorant about accutane, I vaguely remember videos about people like going through hell on it and peeling like snakes.

20. that stuff fucking sucks. that is all.