Has anyone ever used an ashcatcher as a bubbler?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by professorpoon, Mar 22, 2009.

1. I know it sounds ghetto but hear me out haha. My only piece is a nice little bong with an ashcatcher, and it's not always convenient to bring the bong with me if I want to smoke at a friend's or something. So I was thinking the other day (while high so cut me some slack :) ) that I could just bring the bowl and ashcatcher, and essentially have a bubbler with a slide instead of a carb. Has anyone done it? I'll try it out when I smoke again but it'll be awhile so I thought i'd ask...

2. ehh that does sound really "ghetto". why not just save some money and get a nice bowl?

3. #3 orange.panda, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credit to C6 and BFG for pics.
    Use those!

4. not ghetto at all. i use mine as a bub all the time, it's great. gotta invest in a mouthpiece arm though.

5. I'm not a fan of pipes. Partly because I'm spoiled from only smoking out of bongs 99 % of the time and a volcano the other 1 %, and partly because I just don't like the idea of inhaling all the stuff that I dump out of the bong after smoking. And I don't really want a bub or bowl badly enough to buy one, just thought I could probably use what I have in a different way..

6. those are sweet. That would probably work perfectly, thanks

7. not ghetto at all, a lot of people do it all the time.

here's my girl hitting our SG 4-arm AC
    [​IMG]

8. SG 4 arm bub ftw

[​IMG]

9. a buddy of mine has that ashcatcher. pretty fucking sick, wouldn't mind making a bubbler out of that one at all

10. Yesterday afternoon the mailman brought me this bubbler by C6 …...
    [​IMG]

BitFreak was very prompt in dealing with my order …. and it was so well packed that I almost needed assistance to undo all of the bubble-wrap and tape. The Keck clip was even included!

A very thorough inspection showed no flaws or defects. All three pieces able to hold their heads high when hangin' with my RooR pieces. I'm no glass expert, but it appears very sturdy, with no apparent weak points …. won't have to hide it from my 20 y.o. son.

and here's the sig on the mouthpiece.
    [​IMG]

I took a couple of hits using the tilted party bowl first, since I'm used to how it hits. Oooh …. so very nice and smooth! After 60 years of smoking tobacco (haven't for 18 months) and a steamroller being my daily smoker, my trachea and bronchi are pretty sensitive …… and this was on a par with my vape …. and much more satisfying …. seeing the milk and hearing the bubbles …. just the right amount of back pressure …. oh so good. Very importantly, this bubbler feels at home in my hand .... safe, secure, and comfortable to the grip.

Rinsed with hot water and switched to the one-hit bowl that came from C6. The hole in the bowl is just the right size to not need a screen …. and usually I don't like bowls like this. Strike one! I put just a pinch in the tiny bowl …. little thing looks kinda funny on the 18.8 joint …. and spark a match. Just as I think that I've loaded too much, I see the cherry start to die and the milk flushes to clear …. and my head soars to the clouds …. this is a Sativa bubbler for sure!

Everything easily rinses clean under hot tap water after a handful of rips …. a three minute cleanup and refill. Add cold water, some ice chips, and a couple of drops of red wine …. the path to Nirvana!

I'm a convert to this tiny one-hit bowl …. at least for this pipe …. and in a moment of weakness might just order another C6 bubbler kit, but this one with 14.5mm joints …. more fitting for the miniature bowl. Use the 18.8 as the mouthpiece on my vape.

11. #11 stlmodude, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    dude, i've got a long, fixed-stem, illadelph a/c that i've used as a bubbler before.
    the stem is diffused, so i had to pretty much deep throat the thing to hit it.
    when lighting it, i had to hold my hand above my freakin' head.

despite being the most awkward thing to hold and hit ever...
    it wasn't too bad.
    i've smoked out of far worse contraptions.

it was this guy. and that stem is fixed to the a/c. no easy task to smoke out of alone.

Attached Files: