Has anyone ever used a detox kit for their tolerance?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by bon idee, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Most of you have heard me on here bitching about my tolerance to Opiates. Well last night, I snorted 4 Oxycodone 30's and felt literally nothing. Therefore, my tolerance is officially TOO HIGH. I can't afford to pay $48 a night to get high anymore. So, my boyfriend just went out and is gong to the pharmacy to get me one of those two week detox kits.

I was wondering if anyone has used them to get their tolerance back in check. See, I'm coming into almost 3k in extra Pell grants and student loans next week, and I'm taking a trip back home to Georgia, and I'm taking a few with me, but I want to quit and detox until then so that I don't waste all my pills the first day. I'd rather make 4 last a few days than a few hours. I was going to go the Methadone route, but I realized that would do nothing for my tolerance and it would take longer.

I also wanted to know if anyone has any tips of what to eat and drink while cleansing, I can't drink Cranberry juice, but I drink a SHIT TON of water every day, like at least a gallon because I'm kind of bulemic and I get dehydrated really easily. If you guys have any other suggestions of what I should do, I'll be glad to give them all a try.

2. BUMP!
    I won't let my wittle thread die.

3. all you need to do is don't do any oxy's for 4-5 days straight. opiate tolerances drop really fast, which is why alot of opiate addicts (IV particularly) will go to a detox for 3-4 days, then get out and shootup their usual dose and fall out (OD). you said you've been doing them every night and were considering getting on methadone? in that case i'm guessing that if you dont have OC's once a day you get dopesick. in which case if you think a detox kit is gonna keep you from withdrawling your wrong.

option 2 (and i don't recommend this) is graduate to heroin and a needle, u'll get high again, everytime. it's cheaper, but you never know the exact potency until you try it which means being disappointed and OD's are alot more common.

4. No, no. I didn't make myself clear. I do tham at MOST twice a week. Uusally not even that much. I did them the last time on Friday, and then I did them again last night. I took the same dose both times. Usually, I do them about once a week, but even then my tolerance keeps going up and up and I would rather cleanse myself out than resorting to IV.

I just meant that getting high for one night isn't worth all that money. Not that I get high every single night. I'm not rich.

5. #5 morrowb, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    120mg and nothing.

My advice is to stop taking oxy for at least a week.

In your last thread you said you were taking them twice a week every two weeks?

You have developed a large tolerance to it, and you are probably somewhat addicted.

Stop the little tricks, if you stop for even 3-4 days, you will feel a big difference if your tolerance is that high.

EDIT: you are taking them more than once or twice a week if you can't feel anything off 120mg. Im a heavy guy with no tolerance, and that dose could probably kill me.

6. I don't know what it is about me. I really didn't start doing them more than once a week until about two weeks ago. I am a pretty small person, but I guess it runs in my family because my dad can't even feel morphone when he goes to the hospital.

Which is why I'm qutting for about two weeks like I said before. I was just wondering about the kit, that's all.

7. i know what you mean about the tolerance to OC's though. I was shooting 80's (like once or twice a week) and they started to only give me a tingle n it was gone in 20 minutes, an 80mg OC here goes for 50 a peice, so i switched to the darkside where i only needed to spend 30 dollars to get wrecked. but then soon enough that 30 dollars turned into 60-70 to get just a nice buzz for an hour. fuck opiate tolerance.

8. you only do opiates twice a week, but 120mg of oxycodone will not get you high? is this the same dealer that rips you off every time you buy from him? if so, maybe he's selling you bunk pills. if you order pills online, when they come in the mail the pill sometimes look identical to the real pills but are bunk. i'd look into that.
    and you don't need a two week detox. opiates will be out of your system in three days without using any detox product...just abstinence. something doesn't add up here. if you really do them as infrequently as you claim, then you'd be golden anyway.

9. I don't buy from that ass hat anymore. Nobody does. Everyone got tired of his shit. But everyone is different. I might just be one of the unlucky people in the world that has shitty tolerance. I just want to get back down to one 30 getting me where I need to be.

10. QFT...I feel like we're missing part of the story maybe...

11. Bulemic and worried about your opiate tolerance?
    Meh.

Anyway I'm also interested to see if detox kits affect tolerance levels.

12. #12 Irish Coffee, Jan 28, 2009
    your thread is not going to escape 30 pages in 20 minutes....

EDIT: 35 PAGES!!

13. the detox kit won't effect your opiate tolerance anyhow. detox kits cleanse your kidneys and such, not the opioid receptors in your brain.
    i can totally sympathise with the OP though. tolerance sucks. try taking 24mg of suboxone every day for four + years and then see where your tolerance is.
    i was gifted 450mg of morphine right before xmas, and "before" (before suboxone) 90mg of morphine would put me on cloud nine, nodding and in general bliss. this time around, i was taking 200mg and barely got even a warm and fuzzy from it.

14. #14 s w i s h e r, Jan 28, 2009
    OP do you get sick?

edit: In your OP you stated you can't afford $48 a night to get high, but then you're saying you do it twice a week? c'mon, be real

15. Look, I didn't ask to get flamed. Seriously, there's no need to come on my thread telling me this and that. I was just asking a question. If I don't state myself clearly, then just ask me to explain and I will.

Even $48 twice a week is too damn much for pills, especially when in all reality they're only worth about $2. Same thing as a pair of jeans that costs 30c to make, but American Eagle sells them for $50 and everyone gets mad. They're overpriced, and I don't mind paying $12 a pill if I don't have to buy 4-5 at a time.

And me throwing up a few times a week isn't anywhere nearly as bad as some of the things I've seen on this site.

I did get the detox kit, though. It's got colon and a liver and kidney cleansers. I'm gong to go with it for two weeks and flush myself out. I've read in a few places that if you drink alot of water with the supplements, it will help.

And I only really get sick on the third day without them, but that's only if I take alot. If I take a 30 or 60 and wake up the next day, I'm fine.

16. have fun with that detox, especially if the colon one is Magnesium Citrate, you will really enjoy that one:rolleyes:. honestly if your tolerance is that high you might wanna cut it way back to like once every two weeks then get wrecked off of like 90mg.What your thinkin about doing will ultimately lead to excess and that will end up costing alot more, aint there certain things you can drink that make the effects of Opiates stronger? just curious, maybe somethin to ponder? have fun in GA, ill be kickin it in the North GA, mountains as usual.:smoking: