has anyone ever tried superthrive vitamins-hormones?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jPinkham, Nov 29, 2011.

1. dude your only suposed to use a drop or two per gallon!!!!!!!:confused:

last year i was having trouble getting my seedling's to get bigger because it was so late in the year.so i bought some kellog's patio plus potting soil aand some superthrive and they took off. they. only had about 2 months growing befor flowering they where grown in large plastic cups from like mcdonalds and they produced about a g or 2 each super smalllike less than 1 foot in highth.

superthrive=work's wonder's:eek:

2. The same vitamins found in superthrive are also found in alfalfa meal. Alfalfa also has many more beneficial elements and compounds to boot. So, does Superthrive work, yes. However, considering alfalfa meal cost $13 for a 50 pound bag, there are much better options out there then superthrive

3. I did a quick research on this production and noticed that using this product make your plants non-organic...right off the bat and wayy off the chart!!! I dont recommend it ;(

4. Ots kinda like a medicine sorta from what my understanding is. You only give it to them to help cope woth stress and stuff. But isnt using any other nute (ie: gh3 advanced) non organic either?

5. obviously a lot of people on here don't know the powers of superthrive, it has been around since the 1940s for a reason, to say it has the same stuff as alfa meal or whatever is ridiculous, you have to know how to use it.

6. to say it has the same stuff as alfa meal or whatever is ridiculous

No its not.

Superthrive is said to contain Auxins (NAA acids), vitamins (mainly B1), hormones and plant growth stimulants (tricontenol)

Alfalfa has uber levels of all of these except the Auxin which can be found in seaweed. It also has a wide range of plant soluble micro and macro nutrients, elements and compounds across the board.

Take a 1/4 cup of alfalfa and a 1/4 cup of kelp and mix with 1 gallon of distilled water. Let it sit for a week, strain, dilute at 2 cups per gallon, and water your girls. You will see a way better growth boost than superthrive could ever give you.

Im not saying that superthrive doesn't work at all. Im saying you can make it better, cheaper, and organic yourself for about 75 cents per gallon.

7. Superthrive is just B1 it's not anything magicical. Kelp meal and Alfalfa for transplant is much better.

8. I only ever use it to transplant plants and grow roots. I added it to a normally developing plant once as an experiment and my plant got so fucked up I never used it in normal growing again. Something that only needs one drop per gallon is clearly not to be overdone. In my experience, Mary Jane doesn't like it added to a normal feeding schedule.

9. I bought some before reading up about it. I had some feminized seeds and read it may have a higher chance of making feminized plants hermie. I thought why risk it. So took it back and bought a bag of worm castings instead. I think that was the wiser option for 10 bucks.

10. Actually it's Naphthalene acetic acid (NAA) which is used in a number of grow store rooting hormones (as well as IAA, IBA, etc.). NAA is a registered pesticide by E.P.A.

Using it in a bottle of swill isn't a problem as long as you have it listed on the label. The parent company, Vitamin Institute, refused to comply and Oregon and a few other states have banned its sale.

Yes this product has been around for 70 years - so what? The only recognition for this product is one award and it has nothing to do with Botany, Biology, Agriculture, Horticulture or anything remotely associated with science - their one single award is from a marketing group, i.e. they were being recognized for the ability to sell stuff.

I am part of the group which finally got Superthrive off the shelves in this state. Oregon isn't/wasn't alone and the issue has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the recipe is a joke - it would be Herculean task to ban fertilizers simply because they're worthless and ineffective.

The goofy old man who own's the Superthrive company played his proprietary game one too many times and lost. He had a 70-year run which isn't too shabby all in all.

LD

11. I just picked up little $8 bottle of super thrive yesterday and added about 2 drops of it to my watering solution with some molasses. This was just the second watering of my rooted clones I picked up about 4 days ago so im hoping it will help them take off.

If the stuff works then $8 for enough to make 1000 gallons of solution sounds like a pretty good deal. I was going to add 1 drop per gallon to their solution always as has been recommended in a lot of places online, but after reading this thread im having second thoughts...

12. super thrive and or other additives are not something that is needed to grow great weed
    personally i wouldn't buy it

i wouldn't say to anyone not to buy it, folk like to experiment with products they haven't used before, its all part of the learning curve , experimenting with additives etc

if you are buying your plants multivitamins don't forget to buy yourself some sanatogen too , it might help you run faster

peace :)

13. I have the packaging in front of me its says 1/4 tsp