Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nausea Has anyone ever suffered from CHS? (Help)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Exzyro, Mar 17, 2018.

1. (Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome) I will say I’m a daily smoker. It helps drastically with my anxiety depression migraines and the sharp pains I get from my previous 2 surgeries.

But I have been having a vomiting issue and I’ve done many tests for the doctors to tell me they have no idea what’s wrong with me.. So I’ve been doing much research trying to figure out what is wrong with me.

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome can cause frequent smokers 24-48 hour cycles of vomiting and putting some in the hospital due to dehydration abdominal pain and vicious vomiting.

Pretty much everything I read states stop smoking cannabis..

I really would like to know if anyone has had this issue and if they figured out a way to continue smoking without having issues cause cannabis has helped my health so much I really don’t want to quit doing something that helps me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I mean from what’s been happening to me it adds up

3. Then stop smoking this deadly plant.
    :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Did I say it was deadly? No I’m saying I want to be able to smoke because of the other things I have wrong with me. Dude your seriously no help at all just leave the post. Why comment if you have no idea what I’m talking about

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Personally haven't had this problem or heard about anyone who does. Sorry. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. #8 BrewsnWeed666, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018

7. There is no proof cannabis causes this.

8. Your right I thought these forums were a little more filled with helpful people rather then rude and impolite.

9. There are at least a couple of things to consider.
    (1) Maybe an edible would affect you differently. There are some simple recipes that can produce one in less than an hour using small amounts of herb. Any firecracker recipe should work. But there is the potential for even worse upset.
    (2) You might be sensitive to pesticides or mold in the cannabis your are using. There is great financial incentive for dispensaries to use harmful pesticides to prevent catastrophic crop loss. Finding some pesticide free herb might be difficult unless you grow your own. One trustworthy presentation I saw from a cannabis test lab claims that about 75% of dispensary cannabis contains pesticides or mold.

• Like Like x 2
  10. You guys are missing the point. I’m trying to figure why the hell ive lost 70 pounds since December with out lifting a single weight or running. Just vomiting I asked for help not irrelevant comments

11. Thank you for being polite and giving me some actual options to consider. I have been thinking about the edible route to see if that would help. And sadly where I’m located it is still not 100% legal so I have no idea where my weed comes from.

12. I hope you have some relief OP. I has gastro issues that ended up being Lyme disease and Bartonella, not awesome. Caused a hormonal imbalance and my stomach would not find any "solid" ground for months. I was freaked out, lost 20 lbs, everything came out of me undigested mostly but no vomiting.

Get some blood work done I would say?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Neem oil pesticides are culprit ( they are considered organic!) to this issue... the neem oil and cannabis are not a good combination... this is a newer phenomena ( most likely pesticide related) and you never here of old hippies hurling all day nor the Rastas in Jamaica

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have had blood work done and also did a colonoscopy and a endoscopy and nothing, the next step I guess would be to check my gallbladder out. And I’ll be fine some days and then suddenly I just am not holding anything down. Water crackers bread nothing I’ll take a sip of water when I’m in this estate and instantly the water will come back up.

15. CANNABIS IS NOT CAUSING THIS.
    Go see a doctor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. You'll run into this attitude from much of the Cannabis community as we see it as an attack on our life giving sacred plant.
    Like many I depend on the herb as my primary medication and have used it recreationally for 50 years before that with never a single person I knew having CHS or anything remotely like it.
    It was always the ANTI nausea drug you reached for.
    I supplied it to my elderly cancer dying neighbor back in the 70s as I knew it would help her sickness and give her some appetite as it did.

With the complexities of terps that make up the smells of the plant alone to consider it's not surprising some handful of the 8 billion people on the planet turn out to be sensitive to some combination of the terps or cannabinoids.
    Empirical testing like they do for allergies is about the only way to find out just what is trigging your issue.
    My 2 cents.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Bro I have.. why are you still here

18. Can you please leave my post.