Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Has anyone ever read while high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mambugaw, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I had to read for school and just decided to vape before I read. I then ha the experience of a lifetime, reading with an expanded imagination is much better than watching tv/a movie.

It is honestly one of the most pleasurable experiences in my life. Anyone else share this love?

2. I tried to, but couldn't focus on the words on the page. They turned to gibberish. :eek:

3. Of course, I'm doing it right now.

4. Reading while high is one of my favorite things to do. I was a Lit major in college and I did a lot better with reading when I was high. It was also fantastic help when I had to write papers.

5. [quote name='"mambugaw"']I had to read for school and just decided to vape before I read. I then ha the experience of a lifetime, reading with an expanded imagination is much better than watching tv/a movie.

It is honestly one of the most pleasurable experiences in my life. Anyone else share this love?[/quote]

I guess if you have a passion for reading novels or whatever you were reading it can be quite enjoyable. Otherwise I'd assume it would be pretty dull and shit. I need to pick up a book and read during this summer break

6. Just don't read Twilight. Fucking garbage.

7. [quote name='"saber85"']

Just don't read Twilight. Fucking garbage.[/quote]

Oh don't worry I won't LOL.

8. Reading a book high is like a fucking brain orgasm.

9. It's an awesome way to experience literature - on a related side note, I feel like I don't have any patience for reading off of a screen when I'm blazed.

10. I like to read when i'm high, just not when i'm too high.

Although, i've found that I don't absorb as much information compared to reading sober.

11. i cant read when im high lol i see letters and stuff but i just cant put it all together

12. Writing high helps so much in my college writing class haha. Also, when reading, I can usually find the deeper meaning of the text.

13. I like writing while high but reading is a little too hard to focus on. Movies and music are great though

14. If I get too baked I do that thing where you read the words but nothing registers and you keep having to go back and reread what you just read. But when you get that nice sativa high, maybe sip on some coffee too, chillen at the park in the sun. Oh fuck yes life is glorious. I can read for hours and hours and hours.

15. Only if it's something I'm willingly reading. If it's for school I'll be sober. I find it's too hard to remember/pay attention to stuff I'm not interested in while high. If it's The Hobbit example, I'd rather be baked :smoke:

16. the hunger games was pretty wicked while baked

17. When i first started tokin i went to school & had to do some readin. Read the first sentence like 20 times lol

18. I like to read a book straight and a couple of days later re-read it stoned.
    It's like reading a whole different book.

19. i tried to read high once.. but the words kept falling off the page

20. Exactly. Morrison and Vonnegut ESPECIALLY were way way way better high. Not that they aren't amazing while sober. I would never have made it through my Early Shakespeare class had I not smoked.

There were times where I would literally stare at a blank page for thirty minutes, trying to start a paper. I'd take one huge rip off of a bong and have that shit done in like an hour.