Has anyone ever heard of O.G being a "sativa"

Discussion in 'General' started by Hali Hostility, Dec 1, 2011.

1. So, theres this old stoner dude i know he's been smoking his whole like[he talks like a white chong:p super funny. hes like "yeah maaannnnn" after everything he says] and he SWEARS that o.g is a sativa and that it was created years back by crossing white widow with somethin else...it has to be the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. So does anyone know when O.G originated or why he would get this idea?

2. OG strains, or "Original Gangsters" are usually the best of the best. Probably the most popular and well known in North America is OG Kush, which is a strong indica. However, a different OG strain could very well be a sativa or heavy hybrid. Since the OG tends to refer to the genetic properties, not the species, I call legit on the old man.

Interesting question though. Hope that satisfied you.

3. Ocean Grown...not original gangsters...really man?

4. i was always under the impression that OG stood for organic, hmm

5. Yeah, im pretty sure its ocean grown.

6. #6 TelevisedChaos, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011

Lmfao mate... thought you were joking. OCEAN GROWN

You're one of those people who think they know what they're talking about but they actually don't eh? ;) DW, been there.

7. WHAT. ive never heard that in my entire life...
    im almost 100% its original ganster.....it makes sense doesnt it?
    O.G=BEST FUCKING THING EVER.

NOW IM CURIOUS ABOUT THIS WHOLE OCEAN GROWN THING THOUGH......

8. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush.
    :smoke:
    Nice read here;

OG Kush = Ocean Grown Kush - THCfarmer

9. You know even in that thread you link to at THCfarmer they question it's veracity.

In any case, I've always been told that OG Kush is in fact a Sativa by my MMJ Budtenders. Where the "OG" came from, who really knows, it's kind of like 420 - there are plenty of stories and not a lot of real truth

10. OG means a lot of shit man...but when you're talking about weed....

O C E A N
    G R O W N

11. True. But that was the most convincing accounting I have seen yet. :p

Many strain reviewers and strain sites, have the shit every which way. Two sites will say Indica, two will say Sativa. :confused:

The Kush is definately Indica. Chemdawg and Lemon Thia, I don't have a clue. Bottom line for me is; do I get a head, body, or combo out of it. :smoke:

12. 98% of everything I've ever said in my life is complete bullshit. I make no assumptions I know anything at all. ;)

But I was serious, I've never heard of Ocean Grown in my life. Always heard it was Original Gangster, like the rappers use to make themselves seems the best, most original. I learn something every day...

...And probably forget it tomorrow...

13. Skywalker OG is sativa dominant.

14. I've heard strains of OG are sativa. All of the OG that I've smoked has definitely given me more of an indica high though. And really good highs at that, probably my favorite strain.

15. As far as I know OG kush is afganica , most would consider it indica but I consider afghanica it's own race . It seems afghanica shows traits of both sativa and indica yet it's a land race so there was no hybridiZation involved from either indica or sativo

Edit : for example AfghAni 1 from sensi seeds is tall and lanky like a sativa yet it has a thick central bud like an indica and broad leaves. This would also be known as a " hash plant "

16. Cannabis Afghanica is a sub-species of Cannabis Indica. If it only showed traits of indica, im sure you can guess it would never have been decided to need a sub-species hahahahaha, but it still is under indica

17. O.G. is labeled as a sativa cuz the genetics are pretty much identical to sour diesel.

18. [quote name='"fiasko"']OG strains, or "Original Gangsters" are usually the best of the best. Probably the most popular and well known in North America is OG Kush, which is a strong indica. However, a different OG strain could very well be a sativa or heavy hybrid. Since the OG tends to refer to the genetic properties, not the species, I call legit on the old man.

Interesting question though. Hope that satisfied you.[/quote]

Hahahahaha original gangsters! I can only imagine going to the club and telling the bud tender "let me get a oz of the original gangsters kush" ocean grown kid not original gangsters