Has anyone ever heard of a DUI Check Point???

Discussion in 'General' started by beyond305, May 27, 2010.

1. Of course I've seen them before. Hasn't everyone? :confused: My friends mom got stopped at one once and the cunt police bitch thought she was drunk :laughing: when my friends mom doesn't even drink. She was let go after another officer came to the car and confirmed that she was sober.

2. I searched for some articles on it and this is what I found:

So I guess it's mainly if you make an illegal turn trying to avoid it, or try to throw something out of your window.

But we all know how cops are, it's not like they always need a good reason. ;)

3. Yes pretty fucked situation seeing as how the agencies say they only want to get the drunk drivers off the street but go ahead and abuse the fuck out of it.

Say you're holding and you come upon a checkpoint. Officers asks if you've been drinking but doesn't give two fucks about your answer; he only said something to make conversation. Officer dislikes you for whatever reason and decides he wants to have some fun.

"Please step out the car so we may begin the field sobriety tests". Ok you think, no problem. Wrong, the officer asks to pat you down for "his safety". He notices the bag where ever you stashed it and confiscates it. Examines the bag and realizes it's an illegal substance. Writes you up for whatever it may be or worse, brings you down to the station.

However the situation plays out it always ends the same. You getting fucked over because of some dickhead cop and their bullshit roadblocks.

4. I don't know why you guys have a problem with this. I for one am very happy that there's checkpoints. I don't want drunk people driving around and even just knowing that there could be one probably prevents some people from drinking and driving.

Do yourself a favor and don't drive around with weed or if you do hide it well. They're not going to riffle through your car at a checkpoint, but if somethings just sitting out of course they will get you. Just don't be stupid and you will be fine.

5. i remember when i was a little kid my mom was driving somewhere, i was with her and we got caught in one, ive seen others, but not anytime recently.

im pretty sure here in south carolina we still have them though, maybe its a southern thing lol

6. i see a checkpoint at least 3-4 times a week in my neighborhood. i live on the 14th floor and have a view of the main street where i live and i always see cop cars set up from around 11pm-2am. can't wait to get the fuck out of this country.

7. They got em here too. Fortunately they aren't as frequent as they once were.

I had to go through one right by the entrance to my neighborhood. I had a piece and some grass on me but all they told me was i needed a new license.

I didn't get a new license until the second time i got stopped.com

8. I only hear about them maybe twice a month. Don't know how often they are, shit they might be every couple nights but I might not hear about it. Only seen two in my life.

9. to the people that think this is good and keeps drunk drivers off the road. how many times have you been driving and actually seen someone driving drunk and swerving all over the damn place. Its pretty rare...I know my whole life Ive probally seen less than 5.

so who are they really trying to make the roads safer for ? i dont get it

10. Well if people read my posts then they know I hate drunk drivers with a passion. Like I said I like the actual idea of trying to eliminate drunk drivers. But random DUI check points is not the way to do it. My friend went through one and got arrested for weed. For weed. It's a DUI check point not a DUID check point, or a drug check. It's a check for drunk drivers. Fuckers.

11. They used to do those all the time in my town. But always on the same road. What a pain in the ass.

"Had anything to drink tonight sir"

"no"

"Well then you wont mind if I just ram half my body through your driver side window to inspect your vehicle."

Special interest groups are the ones to blame. They make me sick.

12. See them down town all the time. No big deal though boys:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxOqHAUk2EY]YouTube - How to Deal with DUI Checkpoints[/ame]

13. we had these all the time in illinois, espeicaly around holiday weekends, they allways had it on the main road too get out of town

14. Haha. Stopped.com

15. They have checkstops here in Alberta all the fucking time. Usually on friday nights, when people would be going to the bar.

So I try to avoid driving high during those times.

16. i invite these kinds of stops.

i make sure i dont have anything of course. and then i keep my window rolled up and when they stop me, i roll it down about a half inch so they can hear me and i can pass my documents.

then when they inevitably make me pull over and get out, i simply dont say anything at all. not even where im going, or where im coming from. thats none of their business and irrelevant to their investigation.

if they ask what my name is i point to my ID and papers.
    if they ask me to search my car, i shake my head.

if they ask you to perform some field sobriety tests say you elect to perform a breath test as you have a recent injury in your back that prevents you from performing certain motions with your arms and legs and it may adulterate the results of the test.

simple as that and its a rewarding feeling that you wasted their time and actually got away with disobeying the officers.

17. in west virginia... they are EVERYWHERE during the weekend. I get mass tests all the time (stay off _____ road, check points)

while you are driving... all the sudden you see cones, and then cop cars, and cops on every lane inspecting or searching every car with flashlights.

fed - "woooah there, where are you heading"
    me - "home from work"
    fed - "oh yeah? where do you work"
    me - "at the mall"
    fed - "have you been drinking or have anything i should know about"
    me - "no sir"
    fed - ::long hard stare:: "..........ok... go ahead"

eat a dick.

18. That is just awesome. Good for you. Normally I'm a believer that not ALL cops are dicks, but when they do BS like a checkpoint they deserve to get their shit handed to them.

I thought they were everywhere as growing up in nj/ny I've seen plenty. Actually I've seen cops chase down anyone who try's to turn around from an impending check point.

As others said, these check points are more prevalent on holidays and other heavy drinking occasions.

All bullshit.

19. Double post bro

20. Here in socal they have them up the ass. Thats how I got my first ticket going through a checkpoint this january, I couldnt avoid it so as soon as I pulled up cop said he said smelled weed and told me if I had some I said I got a little bit he told me to hand it to him I opened the center console and handed it to him, was only about half a gram I was cool with him too I told him to let me slide phuck no he told me to pull to the side they searched my car took my peice too and gave me a citation for transporting marijuana because I had it in the center console.