Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

has anyone ever grown their own plants and not had any weed to smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by glassdarkly, Nov 2, 2014.

1. I am almost out, but I got my seeds. Just waiting on my grow equipment that I ordered. I don't feel like bugging someone I don't know to sell me pot. So looks like I will be smokeless for 3 months.

2. Ive grown 4 times now. Every time getting a nice big beautiful plant. None of those times did i get ANY smokable weed.

If i was you i wouldnt rely on the plants definitely having a yield, id grow those and buy stuff in the meantime..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Perhaps you had a male plant?

Sent from four score and seven years ago

• Like Like x 1
  4. Really? The buds weren't smokable? That is crazy. I hope my current research and future researching prevents that. I would hate to grow and not have a decent plant to smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Its not that it wasnt smokable, i just never got any weed at all from any of them

6. Then you did something wrong bud. Even the lowest yielders will give you some smokable bud. With a month of veg from seed dude should get about an ounce. 60 day veg is where it's at though. It goes from 1 oz to more like 4 or 5. Just make sure you don't smoke it all in a week. It's a lot easier to do than it sounds. Also plant about 5 or 10 seeds because you will have males and hermies. The odds of planting one random seed and it being a female that's not going to hermie is pretty slim.

• Like Like x 1
  7. In my opinion ladies and gentelmen.Everyone that smokes should grow,there shoulden't be a what so called "dealer" bullshit.Hell it will be even legalized faster that way,think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP if you JUST got seeds, you'll be waiting longer than 3 months until you can smoke what you grow. Just keeping it real. You're looking at least 4 months to harvest from seed, which includes a full grow cycle period in seedling, veg and harvest phases. Not to mention the dry/cure time after harvest, 3-4 weeks give or take...minimum, for both combined.

Growing from seed indoors = 5 months turnaround time. From start to smoke. That's a realistic timeline, and it's why so many people grow from clones and get that 3 month cycle....4 grows per year indoor. You gimped yourself by starting from seeds, and also increased your risk of failure by starting from seed versus clone, if you're a beginner.

9. did you change the lights from 18 hrs to 12? like vegetation - flower

If you "never got any weed at all from any of them", then what exactly is it that you smoked?

11. #11 Krayziekush, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
    Sometimes i run out, but mostly got some hash around..
    If ur growin a plant and not getting anything smokeable youre doing it wrong :p 

Smoking atm and eating barbeque chicken schnitzel and rice with spicy sauce.
    My plant atm is flowering and will finish in 7 weeks or so atm, some kinda skunk no1 variety :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Running out is the reason I started growing my own. I've haven't ran out since then, from seed I harvest at once every three months and get enough to last until next harvest and share with others.

13. To quote the Beatles song:

"Sky of blue and  SEA OF GREEN, in a yellow submarine".

• Like Like x 1
  14. Grow a years worth at one time.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2