has anyone ever considered retroreflective stickers?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by JamisDakarXLT, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Yo, has anyone ever considered using retrorefective stickers as seen on heavy equipment as a reflector in a grow area?
    I am thinking about using a whole bunch in a grow cab. I have access to some.

heres a pic in a well lit room with my Nikon Coolpic camera with the flash ON and in broad daylight conditions:
    [​IMG]

heres one with the flash off:
    [​IMG]

heres a different piece of heavy equipment sticker with flash off in broad daylight conditions:
    [​IMG]

and one with the flash on in broad daylight conditions:
    [​IMG]

also here is one that I took in a completely dark closet with the flash on:
    [​IMG]

I think what I am looking for is any encouragment that these type of retroreflective stickers will provide performance gains due to their "retroreflective design".

I understand that all stop signs and road signs are retroreflective. So are license plates I think. And they are fucking bright at night when you shine a light at them.

wiki link:
    Retroreflector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. I encourage you to buy a $15 lux meter and do some quantitative experiments. :)

3. From what research shows, mylar, flatwhite paint reflect aprox 95% of the light...your really not going to benefit mam...dont waste your time and money...but if you are curious i would like to see also..