Has anyone ever been to the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Johnny Cash, May 12, 2011.

1. If so, what did you think of it?
    I had never really looked into any of Gaudi's work before but I'm a fan ever since I went there a year or two ago.

I spent hours upon hours just looking at the different facades. I wasn't impressed by the interior because it was full of scaffolding and it hadn't really taken shape yet I think.
    But the outside of it was amazing. This is by far the coolest building I have ever seen.

If you haven't seen it yet, I really, really recommend you go see it. I tried to find pictures that do it justice but the detail of the building is lost in all of them. Every facade of the building is in a different style and tells a different story.
    Looking at this building is almost like reading the bible.

2. I have not been but after looking it up I now look forward to getting a chance to go.

3. #3 Deleted member 133001, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  4. I heard it's going to be finished by 2026 or something... so that's going to be a while. By that time they'll have spent about 150 years building it.

I didn't see that part of the interior when I went... it was pretty restricted.

5. That's the plan. 2026 would be 100 years after Gaudi died. Would be nice if they finished it by then, if only for the symbolic value.

6. If I were to go would I not be able to get any footage of it then?

7. I hope so. But most importantly I hope to still be alive when they finish it. If I am, I will definately go back to see it again.

Yes you can take pictures. When I went some parts of the inside were closed off because of the construction still going on.

8. Alright good well then I may wait a couple years but I do plan on going.. I had not known of this building so thanks man :D

9. Here's some pictures, they don't do it justice but just for people who've never seen it to get an idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]