has anyone been to Amsterdam

Discussion in 'General' started by cfl gezza, Oct 19, 2010.

1. hi im off to the dam at the end off November any recommendations of sights to see or the local cuisine that i should try:smoke::smoke:

is it only weed that is legal there or are others aswell

2. go to BASJOES..they have the best hash in all of amsterdam. those were my fav guys. rasta dudes with some fire. beautiful city with the most beautiful women.

3. cheers basjoes is that near the red light district the women are the other reason im going second to the culture and green of course is it very expensive out there

4. #4 million, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    Weed isn't 'legal' in Amsterdam. Official it's still illegal but it's very very very much 'tolerated'. To answer your question though, don't worry almost right out of the central station you will be offered all kind of drugs. ;) I wouldn't say they're as tolerated as marijuana but...close enough. Still, be reasonable/responsible.

5. i heard from a freind to avoid street dealers and stick with the cafes any idea on prices in the cafes im going for 2 nights and 1 day i have 300 set a side for spending flights and hotel already paid for do you reckon that will be enough

6. #6 blueend, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general/648158-can-someone-explain-me.html#post8089448
    heres a thread explaining how legal weed is
    there are many threads (if u search) about amsterdam,

do avoid street dealers,they looked too sketchy

i loved Kokopelli ,heres a a link with an address and all,
    Amsterdam.info » Amsterdam smartshops » Smart shop Kokopelli, Conscious Dreams

but i dont know if its still open though,it was a very cool chill place

Basjoes is indeed a cool place,also Grasshopper and De Rokerij.

about sights to visit.
    google amsterdam sight guide?
    make sure to visit museums
    rijksmuseum ,the van gogh museum, anne franks house,electric ladyland,stedelijk Museum...i dont regret going to these places and when im going back to holland most of them ill visit all over again
    oh also the hash museum..
    and if youre jewish theres a jewish museum too,althou i didnt go there myself

also visit the red light district,also you have to visit a windmill,the dam square ,althou im sure youd find yourself there even without me telling you so,oude kerk...
    idk many things you can see in amsterdam..youll be amazed by the architecture im sure
    and althou i havent been, ive heard teh botanical garden is amazing

idk there are many places you can visit,
    coffeeshops and smartshops(im sorry but have no idea if smartshops are still open,its been a while since i last been in amsterdam)
    are awesome but dont stay in there the whole time..amsterdam is a very pretty place.