Has anybody ever considered death to be a good thing?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jdm_420, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I see death as a huge stress release. After feeling the effects of life, it's like a well earned vacation.

2. I'm not afraid of death. I've known since i was young that it would happen one day, i appreciate my life and hopefully when the time comes I'll be ready for it.

For some people death is good, for others it comes too soon, but there's a reason for it.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DWzib9kWao&feature=related]Readings from 'Hagakure' - YouTube[/ame]

4. I don't believe in just humans carrying on after death. I believe every living organism does, and that their higher energy or being evolves on a mental aspect, following the physical evolution. Even single celled organisms have some sort of higher aspect above the physical form, and when it dies, that aspect keeps moving forward.

So I don't think of humans as the only creature with a soul or spirit that will be carried on past physical being.

5. I have to believe that my dog will me meet in the after life. The after life would suck without her. :(

6. I must say, I love life and everything, but I can't wait to die.

7. death is never a good thing. I fear death kind.

8. I fucking love discussions like this...nobody seems to want to have them anymore. There's the theory that every action we take has infinite other actions which can be taken and each of those actions is played out in an alternative universe. However, that seems unlikely to me because there's just too many possibilities and there would be far too many different universes being spawned every second.

Which is why religion seems so baseless to me. It's a bunch of people speculating about what might be out there in the unexplainable. I need cold, hard facts.

You're right, humans are incredibly egocentric.

if you don't want to live forever, you want to die. However, I wouldn't want to keep ageing forever, that would suck. I'd look like Yoda by the time I was done, wouldn't I?

9. I know that theory, it's one of my *maybe* ideas. Meaning, it might be true, seems plausible, but shittttt, idk.

But, what you said that's bolded, time is a man made construct. Or maybe animal, idk if animals sense time or not... but yeah, time doesn't really exist.

10. Well ive had something happen that pretty much summed up my veiws on death.
    I had a fully blown 100% real out of body experience.
    I literally was conscious outiside of my body..seeing my body with my own eyes.
    And before you say it was a dream, i honestly understand how hard it is to believe, but trust me it happened.
    I realised afterwards if my consciousness can exist outside of my body, then surely it will survive after death.
    My hopes are high anyway.

11. I believe that since death truly is the ONLY thing that is certain in life, I have come to embrace it. After all, no life is complete without it. If you think about it, dwelling on the fact that you don't want to die is futile. It's inevitable and it shall find you some day. I personally find death to be more of a dangerous curiosity for myself, mainly because of spiritual experiences and paranormal encounters that I have personally endured.

I can honestly say, if death WEREN'T certain, I'd be scared of it. However, since the fact of the matter is, everybody dies, and nobody lives forever, I am welcoming of the occurrence. If you wish to live forever, do something with your life that makes your legacy stand tall. Make music, write books. Change the fucking world. After all, people die, but legends live forever.

We're only here in this Earth suit for so long, and you can't take anything with you when you go, so enjoy life the best you can. Never let anything but your own will control you. Death will sneak up on you when you least expect it to.

12. Ask a room full of people if they would like to be immortal, make sure you suggest that this means being eternally youthful as well. You'll be surprised by how many people say "no". I know I always am. ;)

13. First of all there's to many things we can't explain about spirits, ghosts, and other spirit related things. I would like to think there's something else after death, but I don't want to truly believe in an after life. I don't understand the wrong in having an open mind about everything.

Just a thought, what if what happens to you after death is what you believe in.

14. First of all im not suicidal and i wanna live as long as possible.. But i cant wait to die so i can get my answers.... Maybe.. Anyway r.i.p to my uncle who jus died yesterday journey well, lucky sob

15. Personally, I think when you die you are dead. No afterlife. Not reborn as something else.

I did tell people close to me that I would like my ashes to be scattered across the Pacific. Just like Donny in The Big Lebowski.

16. One of the main reasons I have high hopes for an afterlife is because of me wanting to see family,friends,pets,hell,even people that I never had the chance to meet,that have all passed on before me.

This is the one thing I want more than anything else.I want to change the world through music.

Music is the one thing in my life I have had a continuous passion for.

I've also had the feeling in my gut since I was a pre-teen that I would die young,like no later than early 30's.I'm almost 24,so I have some time left lol.

I am definitely not afraid to die or even die young.Just disappointed if I don't get to accomplish my dreams first.

I actually look forward to it,seeing as it is lifes greatest mystery that nobody can tell you about,yet everyone will experience it.

17. No living person can ever know, but we'll all find out anyways

18. Become immortal or die trying.

19. I figured death just happens, no matter how you think of it or whether you accept or try to deny it. So why be negative about it?

20. Personally, I believe death will be the ultimate test of character. It will be our most glorious moment, if you let it be so. You see, when we reach those final moments in life we will be greeted with the most intense emotions one could imagine. Fear, joy, sorrow, happiness, apathy, melancholy, exuberance, worry, acceptance, and doubt all at once. We may realize and accept the inevitable right now, but oh man, once death is beating on your door things are gonna change fast. In those final moments you have a choice to fear and worry and have doubt of the unknown, or you can welcome it with open arms, coaxing it to take you away. To stare death in the face and exclaim "I'm prepared you fucking bastard, do what you will!"will be a the greatest triumph one could ever feel.

I feel sorry for the people who say the want to die in their sleep or without knowing it. Fuck that, man! Dying is the very last thing you're going to do; if I were, to say, have my brains blown out by some sniper 800ft. away I would feel cheated. When death comes at me I want to relish and bask in its everlasting glory; I want to see it, feel it, hear it, smell it, and taste it. Its going to be the last experience I have on this earth and I want to fully immerse myself in it. Ahh yes, I look forward to that day!