Has anybody ever considered death to be a good thing?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jdm_420, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I really hope your right. Rather than some crazy ass mofucking god who condemns me to a life of eternity in hell, or whos ever religion turned out to be right in the end.

2. I agree, i believe death has no emotional connection with good, bad, sad or happy. In my opinion, explaining death would be like explaining life to someone who has never lived (not living)

I believe death is much like life, impossible to explain, but beautiful all the same.

3. Maaaaan... I want there to be some cool as shit after this though, like what if everything was super fucking mystical. Like spirits exist, and they travel to this area where basically you live a spirit life, but that spirit dies eventually too, and you enter the next phase of existence. We can't even comprehened what it is though, since we can only see "1 step" ahead. Death = spirit, life = physical. and then after the spirit is some other cool shit...

Ahhh, life, why must you be so weird?

4. #24 DragonFury, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
    Honestly, the beautiful thing about death is that no one knows what happens when you die. The fact that you have an idea about what could happen doesn't make it true because there's always the chance that you're wrong. I guess in some way that makes death kind of exciting. I know when my time comes, I'll be looking towards death in a positive light. It's like a whole other adventure to go on. :D

5. You say we can't know what happens after death, yet from your excitement you seem to imply that anything negative is out of the question...

What if we burn in hell for an eternity??

Doesn't sound so great then...

6. Well considering I don't believe in Hell, it is out of the question, for me at least. :D

But then again, if you went through life without being a complete dick, you wouldn't have to worry about the negatives. And I try to have a pretty un-asshole attitude towards everything. So the excitement is still there. For me at least. But to each his own. ;)

7. I agree as I too am curious to what happens after you die, what's the next part of this adventure we call life? From the beginning(of our life's) to the end of it, we get wiser and wiser (well most of us) , could it be possible that the next stage is so great that our bodies HAVE to die because the physical body cannot endure/survive/control the next stage of wisdom?

When I die.. I wanna know Iam dying so I can (sort of ) feel the transfer of my consciousness , you only get 1 chance to every expiriance this feeling an then it's gone forever... If I was to die instantly and not even kno it, then well... That sux.

When I die I don't want people to be sad or depressed, I want them to be happy, because I now get to know what's on the other side.. And if there is nothing but darkness on the other side... I won't know so it will not bother me once it happens.

“People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend”
    ― Jim Morrison

8. Death gives life meaning.

You don't want your last thought to be depressing...... you want it to be soothing and happy.

So I live my whole life trying to make it so my last thought is good and not like, "fuck I should have tried more" or "I wasted so much time"

I lie...... I'm lazy as fuck and will have tons of regrets at the moment of death.

heheh.

thanks for the positive thought, op!

9. You people wondering why death is so feared are crazy. Its the product of evolution. We don't want to die because we came from our ancestors who were afraid of death. Thats why they were able to reproduce and become our ancestors because they survived better because they were afraid of death.

10. I anticipate death. To me, it is the greatest mystery in this life, even though it will happen to every living being. It excites me to someday find out what's lurking behind that big black door.

11. I agree with this, if I died right now, I would die happy, and I think that is how most people should view death, instead of a link it with fear.

12. Not that what you did in life will have any bearing on your ... "conciousness" after you're dead.

13. And how do you know this? :p

14. I don't believe in hell either. But you said "beautiful thing about death is that no one knows what happens when you die. The fact that you have an idea about what could happen doesn't make it true because there's always the chance that you're wrong."

If I were to believe this then I couldn't really make any assumption as to what the afterlife may be. Hell would be as likely as anything else. And I would be like..."Fuck...whatever happens, happens I guess..."

But thankfully I believe that once your heart stops beating, and once your brain stops functioning...you cease to exist.

15. [quote name='"Adi"']Not that what you did in life will have any bearing on your ... "conciousness" after you're dead.[/quote]

Imo I believe otherwise. While you may not have specific "memories", you will carry on more 'hefty' parts of your personality, such as morals you had, whether or not you were an introvert or an extrovert, if you looked at the cup half full out half empty. I mean core elements of you that make up who you are.

Maybe these traits don't carry on in a logical sense, but they carry on the 'essence' of who you were.

16. I don't want to die. Ever. I want to be immortal.

But death can be a wonderful thing for some.
    I had a friend suffering with brain tumors from the time he was 20 until he died around age 35. He was happy to die. He did what he wanted to do and was done with all the suffering. His funeral was a happy occasion where we all spent time celebrating his life and the amazing impact he had on us all.

An Arab Terrorist usually lives his life in agony, hence why he is willing to blow himself up. In death, he believes that he's going to get 72 virgins to play with. So to him, death is a good thing.

Jeffrey Dahmer was a douchebag rapist and cannibal murderer. When he was killed in prison, it was a good thing.

When Hitler died, it was a great thing for all of us.

Sometimes there's a jerk with a lot of money who dies and then their estate goes to charity...that death is good for many people.

17. I really don't, just like I don't know if there's an infinite multiplicity of universes being spawned every single time a subatomic particles moves. (which is actually more likely and has more evidence than the crystallization of neural activity into some supernatural ether long after the death of the neural networks).

Personally I like to keep my mind focused on things I can grasp, or at the very least have some basis in measurable reality, because everything else is just speculative.

I don't understand how humans are so egocentric.. where did we get this mystical power to store specific information regarding our identity onto the subquantum fabric of the universe that is not humanoid at all.

Same man.. and despite how cynical it may sound, I think that those who don't have an intrinsic desire to be immortal are deluding themselves in some way or the other.. whether it be through religion or that our morals are absolute and mean something..

18. Haha well, to each their own. :D

19. I've kinda been contemplating immortality, and shit, I want to be immortal. I've read/heard that immortality is a possibility in the near future... :smoke:

20. Death is the birthright of every living thing on Earth and elsewhere. Without death there
    would be no room for the successive generations and life would stagnate and become
    impossible. Besides, would you really want to live forever in the belly of a shark, or horribly
    burned and unable to do anything for yourself?